• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Oh I'm a confirmed 1911 guy. This gun was purchased because my daughter is right handed but left eye dominant. I wanted a cheap piece of s#!t gun that I could modify the sights so she can shoot with her eye/hand issues.

THIS SIGHT ==> Glock Front Sight Triple Occcluder

I could have taught her how to shoot a good gun like an M&P right handed being left eye dominant.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    What Sadclownwp said... or just get her a Beretta 92 and drop a Burris Fastfire in place of the back sight... Everything is better with a Beretta 92 or a S&W M&P don't you know...

Remember I am a comfirmed 1911A1 lover but I gotta afford to shoot what I carry and carry what I can afford to shoot...

Should have a Beretta setup like that by mid summer if I can stop spendin money like water on the little things...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What Sadclownwp said... or just get her a Beretta 92 and drop a Burris Fastfire in place of the back sight... Everything is better with a Beretta 92 or a S&W M&P don't you know...

Remember I am a comfirmed 1911A1 lover but I gotta afford to shoot what I carry and carry what I can afford to shoot...

Should have a Beretta setup like that by mid summer if I can stop spendin money like water on the little things...

Not a Beretta fan. The up & away movement for the slide mounted safety is wrong and awkward.

While I like Burris Fastfire on a defensive shotgun, not gonna put one on a handgun that might be carried.

Don't like the M&P palm swell and grip shape.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wild Deuce just dropped off the sight tool.

Rumor has it that Darkkevin is a "master sight remover" and "master sight installer" so he will be drafted and/or volunteered into duty tonight.

But it's not what you like, but what she likes in the grip shape and palm swell. The palm swell is interchangable between several versions.
    Then she can get a job and buy her own damn guns!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The slide safety on a Beretta 92 is only used when the shooting is done... Otherwise it is in up or armed condition... With the real hammer that has to go back and forth it is not prone to going off accidentally like a Glock is even if you accidentally do the no-no and leave your finger on the trigger when your not ready to destroy something in front of it... This dislike is probably just a mis-understanding of operation as I hear the same statement from others regularly and once they realize how the design is properly used they don't have that complaint anymore. I won't go in any deeper on the Glock design and it's mishaps as I will probably just make some one upset and I might bring Jedi out with anti glock talk... I enjoy his concept of the Glock... but don't want to enpower him on a rant... LOL...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    well, finally picked up the pistol yesterday for Silver. Ruger SR9C. Looking at breaking it in sometime soon. Debating between having everyone come, and thus spending a bit to set it up, or just the both of us running out and shooting, then setting up a time for everyone.
    Picked up a crimson trace laser for it too, found one for under 200 for the Ruger, so we have to get that dialed in now too, while we break it in. Looks interesting to say the least.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Correct me if I'm wrong, a shotgun with no stock is considered a handgun. Correct?
    Here
    ATF said:
    Pistol Grips and Shotguns
    Firearms with pistol grips attached:
    The definition of a shotgun under the GCA, 18 U.S.C.
    § 921(a)(5), is “a weapon designed or redesigned, made or
    remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and de-
    signed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of
    an explosives to fire through a smooth bore either a number
    of ball shot or single projectile for each single pull of the trig-
    ger. Under the GCA, 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(29)(A), handgun
    means “a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to
    be held and fired by the use of a single hand.” Federal law
    provides under 18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1), that if the firearm to be
    transferred is “other than a rifle or shotgun,” the purchaser
    must be 21 years of age or older.
    Certain commercially produced firearms do not fall within
    the definition of shotgun under the GCA even though
    they utilize a shotgun shell for ammunition. For example,
    firearms that come equipped with a pistol grip in place of
    the buttstock are not shotguns as defined by the GCA.
    A firearm with a pistol grip in lieu of the shoulder stock is
    not designed to be fired from the shoulder and, therefore,
    is not a shotgun. Since it is a firearm “other than a rifle or
    shotgun,” the purchaser must be 21 years of age or older.
    Additionally, interstate controls apply. The licensee and
    transferee must be residents of the same State.
    Other questions raised pertain to entries made in the
    licensee’s required records with respect to firearm “type.”
    These entries should indicate the firearm type as “pistol grip
    firearm.”
    It's neither.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I mean in reference to the argument I'm in. Having to be 21yo to purchase means I won the arguement. Thank you.
    True. Its not a rifle or shotgun, so yes. It would have had to be manufactured with a shoulder stock for a <21 year old to buy it.

Now lay off the Glocks! :D

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Although i just found this

Johnny Estep appeals his convictions for attempted theft and carrying a handgun without a license, Class A misdemeanors. Estep raises two issues on appeal, which we restate as: I. Whether the evidence is sufficient to support Estep's conviction for attempted theft.

II. Whether the evidence is sufficient to support Estep's conviction for carrying a handgunwithouta license.

We affirm.

The facts most favorable to Estep's convictions reveal that at approximately 2:00 a.m. on March 15, 1998, a Marion County deputy sheriff was dispatched to a car lot, where he observed Estep standing between two parked cars. The deputy asked Estep what he was doing, and Estep responded that he was getting lug nuts for his cousin's car. The deputy observed that one of the cars was jacked up and a tireiron was hooked to one of the car's lug nuts. In the other car, the deputy observed two passengers, as well as a pistol-gripped shotgun lying in the front passenger seat. Estep admitted that the gun was his. Estep did not have permission to remove lug nuts from any car parked on the lot.

Quote: Estep contends that the evidence is insufficient to support hisconviction for carrying a handgun without a license. Estep admits that the firearm at issue was his, and that he did not have a license to carry it. However, Estep argues that a pistol-gripped shotgun is not a handgun. A handgun is defined in Ind. Code § 35-47-1-6 (1998) as any firearm: (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or (2) any firearm with: (A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.

The Statedid not present evidence on the length of the firearm. However, a firearm is considered a handgun under the statute regardless of length if such firearm is designed or adapted to be fired from one hand. Estep argues that the gun he possessed is not designed or adapted to be fired from one hand. We disagree. Although a shotgun with a normal stock is meant to be fired from the shoulder and is not a handgun, the absence of a stock and the addition of the pistol grip is an adaptation of the gun that allows it to be fired from one hand. See Ind. Code § 35-47-1-11 (1998)(“shotgun” defined as a weapon intended to be fired from the shoulder). Accordingly, a license is required to carry a pistol-gripped shotgun. The evidence is sufficient to support Estep'sconviction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom