• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm with ya. I offer a guy last night $200 for 500rds of 9mm and 170rds of .223. He asked for what? I said the whole lot. He said yeah right. I said ok I'll keep my money then. :dunno:

I recently paid $239 for 1000 brass cased 9mm. What the heck is that guy thinking??? Your offer was more than fair. WTF does he think he has: GOLD or 22lr?

Still looking to TRADE for some 9mm loading dies

I have a new set of LEE 45acp dies (4 die set) that I'll trade even up. I've got other stuff too, Large Rifle Primers, Large Pistol Primers or Small Rifle Primers. Misc AR15 parts. Ask, maybe I have it??

Last edited:

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Best part is.....He is a NWI guy..... But not active in this section of the forums. I looked him up and he live less than a mile from me. Oh well. Later I offered him $60 for the 160rds (missed typed in last post) of .223 and never responded. That was over $.37 per rd. people are stupid and You can't......... See sig.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So are you south of US-30 folks clean?
    Cause the stench over here is horrible. :rofl:
    Jedi in SJ and hating it... hating it...
    I'm going to have to take another shower when I get home.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I need to clean out some space in my gun safe, perhaps 25 Pmags in there are to many. I think I am gonna sell some of them. Not high prices, just what I bought them for a month ago. Just need to find the receipt so I can find out what I bought them for.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So ~$300 for the marlin yes that is going to be cheaper than a 10/22 customized for appleseed.

Let me see here is what I spent for the 10/22 to be appleseeded
    rifle ~200
    sling ~9
    sights ~60
    extra 10 rd mag ~14
    sling swivels set ~14

So that comes out to $297 say add $10 to $20 more for the rifle right now and you are looking at $310 to $320. So yeah about $20 to $30 more than the marlin. ...

You conveniently left out the $80 certificate. That comes out to $100-$110 more than the Marlin. You also used MSRP on the Marlin ... about 10% more than the actual sale price. Soooo ... For $320 you get a rifle and equipment ... or $270 gets you a rifle, equipment, and two days of the best basic rifle marksmanship training this side of a recruiter's desk. For anyone on a budget, this is a no-brainer.

I'm not making any money off it. I just threw it out there for anyone that wanted something to get them to an Appleseed out of the box. Like I said, if you need to have stuff on your rifle and crave "The Rifle that Cheaper than Dirt Built" ... buy the 10/22. If all you need is something to train with before moving on to the centerfire rifles, get this Marlin LTR and get to an Appleseed. (In the interest of full disclosure, I have a tricked out Ruger 10/22 ... or what's left of it after the Volquartsen add-ons, barrel change, stock, etc.)

Also ... the insanity deepens. I just saw a brick of .22lr (500 rounds) at a retail store for $249. :faint:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    .22lr for $249 hu? Where. shoot at that price I might just sell some of mine and pay off my mortage. Oh wait I'll wait till its $2,490 per box. :rofl:

On a different topic what is all the hupla over PMags?
    I don't own an AR and probably never will so I'm clueless when it comes to ar stuff.
    Are PMags the best of the mags for that platform? Seems like its just a platsic mag:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I need to clean out some space in my gun safe, perhaps 25 Pmags in there are to many. I think I am gonna sell some of them. Not high prices, just what I bought them for a month ago. Just need to find the receipt so I can find out what I bought them for.

If I have the $$ id be down for some

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Don't do it.

Wait for the legislation that bans magazines over 10 rounds to FAIL. It actually has a chance of passing. If you sell, and it passes then you will regret selling them for the rest of your life.

I see almost a ZERO chance of an AWB passing, but I think there is a moderate chance of magazine restrictions passing on a national level. Don't overspend for guns that might be included on Feinstein's AW list, but don't get rid of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

I don't own an AR and probably never will so I'm clueless when it comes to ar stuff.
    Are PMags the best of the mags for that platform? Seems like its just a platsic mag:

They were the FIRST to come out with an exceptionally good magazine.

There are many that argue that they are NOT the best. Oh they are very very good. But plenty of folks prefer Lancer L5, which is polycarbonate, modular and has metal feed lips. Others prefer the Troy Battlemag, which has everything the Pmag has and then some.

So being first, everyone knows who they are. Being MUCH better than mil-spec makes them very very good. But are they the very best? That could easily be debated.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    .22lr for $249 hu? Where. ...

Where else, Gander Mountain. BTW .... "hu" ???? :dunno:

Where. shoot at that price I might just sell some of mine and pay off my mortage. Oh wait I'll wait till its $2,490 per box. :rofl:

Keep it up mister. I'll post your address in the classifieds and on Gunbroker with the header: "Free .22lr. First come, first served. While supplies last."

:facepalm:

Yeah, it's just a plastic mag.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Anyone know a good place to buy a safe around here? I need to buy one in within the next year or two (basically as early as finances allow). I prefer a place with a website, but the only place I found was a locksmith / safe company in M.ville. Is there anywhere else I'm missing? I prefer external hinges so I can remove the door for ease of movement at some point. I'm on a bi-level, so being able to get it into manageable pieces would be a nice benefit so I don't have to pay as much shipping. It seems the big box stores only have 12 gauge steel with poor fire ratings. I'm thinking I'm budgeting up to $2000 or so, 10 or 11 gauge PREFERABLE, probably a 36" model. If I don't have room, I don't have to put the beater mosin type guns in there.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, I am back home after a weekend in Cincinnati. Bowled 10 games in a tournament. During the first seven I was SICK. Got back to the hotel and slept most of 15 hours. Felt mostly better today.

Has anyone stopped into Dicks looking for ammo lately?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Has anyone stopped into Dicks looking for ammo lately?

Stopped in mine yesterday. The ammo flippers have taken over. :rolleyes: Guy told me that when they open the doors every morning the same group of 12-15 guys come in. They buy all the 22,9,40,45,223 they can. Eventhough Dicks limits quantities, its all gone a short time.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Outrageous asking price, reasonable offer => https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns_rifles_and_shotguns/277552-doublestar_ar_15_a.html

Anyone know a good place to buy a safe around here? I need to buy one in within the next year or two (basically as early as finances allow). I prefer a place with a website, but the only place I found was a locksmith / safe company in M.ville. Is there anywhere else I'm missing? I prefer external hinges so I can remove the door for ease of movement at some point. I'm on a bi-level, so being able to get it into manageable pieces would be a nice benefit so I don't have to pay as much shipping. It seems the big box stores only have 12 gauge steel with poor fire ratings. I'm thinking I'm budgeting up to $2000 or so, 10 or 11 gauge PREFERABLE, probably a 36" model. If I don't have room, I don't have to put the beater mosin type guns in there.

Johnson safe has a great reputation. They have a website and they are Indiana based.

Might also want to check Cabelas (Hammond), Tractor Supply (St John) and Roger & Sons Locksmiths (St John).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Keep it up mister. I'll post your address in the classifieds and on Gunbroker with the header: "Free .22lr. First come, first served. While supplies last."

Are you telling me that when a pack of .22lr goes for $2500 for 525 and you have some you would **NOT** sell it at that price if the crazies want to buy it in order to pay off your house? :dunno::popcorn:

Hey like I said I know jack about ARs and don't want to learn about them.
    Them are evil black rifle with a weak bullet. I'll keep my AK and one day soon have a .308 rifle. :)

Johnson safe has a great reputation. They have a website and they are Indiana based.

^THIS!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._safe_to_real_pink_cadillac_johnson_safe.html

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone gonna be at the lounge on Tuesday, I'm thinking of spending the entire day there relaxing. Might even bring in some movies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom