Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, Elkhart is only about half way to Ohio :/

:nono:

Anything after South Bend (which is ffffaaaaarrrrr BTW since they are in a whole other time zone) is the "bad no-mans land" cornfields of IN and then bam you are in OH. So Elkhart is somewhere in there. :D

Also note that just south of Indianapolis is KY. There is nothing between Indy and KY as that is true redneck country and no civilized person would live there. :laugh:

There is a small 'fort' called bloomington after Indy but apart from that it's all badlands. :)

DansgotGuns, it's just another way to take off with your hard earned cash without being called a criminal... It is criminal though... welcome to the club...

If you don't pay it they will fine you until you have way to much in fines to ever be able to pay it and then they will just sell your house or property to someone else on a tax sell to get thier money out of the tax bill they dreamed up in the first place... Oh, then they will send nice policemen to watch a bunch of other guys throw your stuff out in the street so the new owner can move in... It's a pretty cool system to redistribute the property ownership and make money in the process for the gov...

I'm sorry I said property ownership, actually that is incorrect as if you can completely pay off the property value to the bank or whomever you purchased it from and still have to pay a property tax to the gov which means you must be renting the property from the gov, without having the frenge benifits of having them pay for all the repairs and updates like a property owner would normally do...

Andy's bringing small guys to the club house, and I bet thier over wieght with all the carbs they represent...

When did property taxes start in the USA?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So when do I find out how much I owe? This sucks

This you jusy buy the house or moved in this year? :dunno:

Property taxes (at least in LAKE County) are paid twice a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Say for example your property taxes are $1000. They split that in 2 and you pay 50% in the spring and then again in the fall.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    This you jusy buy the house or moved in this year? :dunno:

Property taxes (at least in LAKE County) are paid twice a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Say for example your property taxes are $1000. They split that in 2 and you pay 50% in the spring and then again in the fall.

Bought my place at the beginning of last year and the previos owner paid the taxes

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    glad i went and groceries, and errands done yesterday, not feeling like going out in the snow to shovel at all. Good thing the truck is 4x4 too, really helps out as well, although my Wrangler ran so much better in the snow. Miss that little Jeep.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Wait so I want my value to be low? What percent of the assessed value do tax as tax?

If you believe the gubmint assessed your property at too high of a value you can appeal. I've done it twice and had the evaluation lowered. The most undeniable way to prove that is with a certified appraisal which you would have to pay for. Maybe around $300.

If you have recently refinanced to take advantage of a lower interest rate or reduce the time on your loan an appraisal is usually required. That is how my appeal was done. I looked at the gubmint's appraisal compared to the recent certified appraisal I already had on hand and said the gubmint is full of :poop:
    Lower assessed evaluation = lower taxes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:faint:
    Go to the website KLB posted and type your addresses. It will should you how much was paid in property taxes last year. That gives you a starting point. The PTs don't change very much from year to year unless you change your house stuff and the county finds out. (ie. build a new garage, make value go up means more taxes, county finds out when you get a city/town permit for the construction).

Wild Deuce stopped in for an "INGO TRADE" but couldn't stay.

Andy219 not only woke up, but is in the Clubhouse :ingo:

:facepalm:

& ya make fun of Jedi when Jedi speaks in 3rd person yet ya give WD a free pass. Ya r just like the media. :D

Time to stand on the corner with the cardboard sign. Need to pay my tax bill for wife and kid(s) to stay in house. Please help.

Oh don't scare him he does not even know what the taxes look like yet.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Once you really understand the tax system.... you will realize that in order to pay that 1000.00 property tax (rent) you will have to make approximately 2140.00 in income. This is because between your employer and your own employment tax liabilities you will have to pay the gov in taxes 1140.00 of that money in order to have a 1000.00 clear in your pocket to pay them rent, sorry I mean property tax.... Although the 57% you are paying on what you make is nothing new and you have grown use to it by now... It's pretty interesting, and I would have become a politician long ago realizing they were on the top of the criminal hill.... but I would have felt so very dirty....

I'm heading down there to the club house in a hour probably...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :facepalm:

& ya make fun of Jedi when Jedi speaks in 3rd person yet ya give WD a free pass. Ya r just like the media. :D

:dunno: Considering I just logged on a few minutes ago and was at work for the past 36 hours, I would like to know at what point I was speaking in third person? Me thinks you have been sniffing too much pink glue. :D

I think you're unclear as to how this whole south of 30 thing works. See, all of us from NWI, especially south of 30 pretty much run all of Indiana. The rest of Indiana is under our control... We are the movers and shakers. And yes, winamac is our territory too. Needless to say, even NWI southerners dont enjoy the rest of the rednecks. It's messy business but someone has to do it.

Haha xD I'm on the ropes with this one. Considering 1101 is south of thirty I feel that us southerners have more of a right to be there and claim it ad out hangout. Having the lounge as our southern territory I feel I speak for all of us rednecks when I say that we shall allow your continued visitation so long as we are invited to your meet & shoots.

Look at the new guy, taking Da' Pink Father to the woodshed! :laugh:

I'm liking him already. :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom