• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It's Illinois, they are allowed to stock the stuff but not actually sale the stuff to mear citizens over there so that is why they are able to have all that stuff in stock... It truely is only for window shopping...

PO= Purchase Order... ?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Wonder how many people voting in the gun shop of the year thread realize bradis is a "gun free zone"? https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/273454-what_kind_of_fool_are_you.html

I know, concealed means concealed, but who wants to shop at a gun shop that wants to restrict my right to carry? I understand, don't unholster your carry gun and coonfinger, but leave it in your car?? Thieves can just sit in the parking lot and pluck gun after gun outta cars I suppose. Just strange to me, in Indiana.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    PO = Para Ordinance.

But I'm guessing that its not a PO but really a P USA. Para Ordinance changed their name a while back, they used to be a Canadian gun maker, now they are an American company and the company name was changed to Para USA.

So is it a used PO or a new P USA? And which model?

I have, and love, my P10/Warthog. Someday I'll also own a P14-45. Possibly he aluminum framed Big Hog, but maybe one of the steel framed models. Not sure. Not in any hurry. I already have the 14 round magazines, just don't have the gun.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    If any of you guys are venturing over the western border and want to see how the other side has it visit Midwestern Guns in Lyons Ill. I went there after work last week to check it out. The place is stocked to the gills with handguns and ammo. Im a sig fan and they had a few of the new 224's on display as well as 938's and 238's as well as the rest of the sig line. The place was stocked as tightly as Cabelas last summer.

That was the good. The bad, they won't let anyone without a Illinois FOID card to even handle a gun. They couldn't care less about my LTCH. I didn't ask about buying ammo, but I think I already know the answer. It was late in the evening after a long day at work, I was content to window shop the shelves for about a half hour and get out of there.

First I will preface I am very loyal to Blythes - both locations. I always shop there first. I have been trying to find some reloading components and accessories. After exhausting NWI -I covered my mirror so I would not have to answer to the guy looking back. I headed west to Plainfield, IL. Mega sports is the largest gun shop I have ever been in. They carry a huge selection of everything. I shopped here years ago when I lived in IL. These A**holes would not let me in the door without a FOID card. I explained I am an Indiana resident and was not looking for firearms. I was merely looking for reloading supplies. They refused and said it was their store policy. I explained I have a LTCH and a Utah permit..... No go. I explained a called first and they did not pick up their phone. They said they were too busy to answer the phone. The have not answered it in weeks. I commented that I can carry in 38 states and can't buy a Lee four hole turret. They said I was correct. Illinois still sucks!:xmad:

I then immediately went back to INGO's NWI Clubhouse and smoked a Macunado Cru Royale. I felt much better.

Last edited:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Il looks at LTCH like in looks at foid. LTCH holds no purpose exempt being able to carry in allowed states... has nothing to do with the purchase of anything

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Dyerwatcher they wouldn't sell you a reloading tool ?

They must have a problem with making money, wonder how they keep the doors open with that kinda attitude ? Guess we should all do our part to let the cat out of the bag that they don't like selling things... Facebook here I come... How was the cigar ?

Well you had it at the Clubhouse so, knowing Melensdad's good taste it must have been good.... Stay over here in the free land... all that is over across the thin red line is trouble.... and slavery...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This is what I'm doing today

IMG_20130217_130436_zpsaf91b295.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom