Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I would meet you, but would likely be encouraging you... not stopping you !!!

BTW Jedi, they do have a version that uses Beretta Mags... but that just seems kinda wrong...

Nnnnaaaahhhh I just kissed my gun money bye bye.

I shopped from the comfort of my home computer and got......

downloadA9108A7B6F50E6990618FF3166C50806.jpg

with free shipping + 10% off + a free exclusive 2012 holiday set
    2012 LEGO® Holiday Set* | LEGO Shop

too bad that I won't be giving this set to my son for another 5 to 7 years! :faint:

The set is going to be retires in 2013 so I figured I best get it now and wait until he is 10-12 before I give it to him.

Anyone know anything about HAM radios, id like to get into this.

Maybe...:whistle:
    What you want to know?
    We have several HAM license guys in NWI and we did a HAM group buy early this year as well.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I want to know everything lol, I'm a radio operator in the army. And this has perked my interest. I'm not very clear on what exactly it is. I've been researching and just getting confused. For a moment I thought it was like police scanners hooked up to computers then I thought it was similar to fm radio. And now I'm just clueless. Like when i started reading up on it.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    got home from cabelas bout an hr ago. spent more money than i was planing on. sorry lowend, don't know what ya look like or i would have introduced my self. if any one saw the guy there with the jeep shirt on and 2 screaming fighting kids prolly was me.

Picked up that zombie scope that was 49 bucks 2 boxes of .22 bulk ammo and a hard case. wife looked at a S&W bodyguard that she liked for the future.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I went last year. I got there at 3am and was 190sh in line. The first 600 get an envelope with a gift card or other door prize. Around 5am the employees come out and ask if you are there for xyz item. For the guns they give you a ticket so you are ensured you get one. Not sure how many 10-22 take downs they have. Suggest you get there no later than 4am. It is going to take you about 1 hour to get ou t of there if that is all you get. Last year Ijust went for ammo I was in and out in 10mins but the line at the gun counter was horrible.

I really lucked out today. I had to meet a fellow Ingoer in Lafayette at 8am for a FTF deal. While there I stopped by Dicks, bought the last in box Troy AR and was out the door in less than a half hour. I got to Cabelas at around 11 and was told they were about out of the 10-22's and the line was something like 2 hours long. I was also told that at 1pm they were going to release some 10-22's that were were reserved but not purchased. I went to Seoul Spa for a great massage, then lunch, and was back in line at 1pm exactly. I inquired about the additional 10-22's and the person didn't know anything about them but said I could buy the display model they had only put out a few hours earlier. I have to go back to pick it up as the fed system was down, but I was out of there in an hour and 5 minutes with the doorbuster spotting scope and the gun waiting for me.

Too much shopping for me for one day, now I have to find the cheapest 223/556 range ammo I can as the visa card about melted.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I want to know everything lol, I'm a radio operator in the army. And this has perked my interest. I'm not very clear on what exactly it is. I've been researching and just getting confused. For a moment I thought it was like police scanners hooked up to computers then I thought it was similar to fm radio. And now I'm just clueless. Like when i started reading up on it.

Or are the HAM radios for talking and scanners for listening?

HAM radios is the unofficial term for the US government via the FCC calls amateur radio which is a chuck of frequency reserved for civilians for non-commercial use.

Radios comes in many different types and/or functions. You can use a simple moose code teletype radio, a "ham radio" which is a walkies-talkie but works on the "ham frequencies" or hook up a radio to your computer and using the internet talk/broadcast to other parts of the world.

Civilians in the US can own a "ham radio" but YOU CAN NOT transmit (talk) unless you have a license from the FCC. In order to obtain the license you have to pass a multiple choice test. There are three levels to the licenses. Each higher level gives you access to more frequencies.

In Indiana anyone can own a police scanner (type of radio that you can ONLY listen to frequencies but not transmit) but ONLY in your home. You can NOT have a police scanner in your car unless you have the "ham radio" license from the FCC.

This is the organization that does the test in the USA.
    New to Ham Radio

For NWI the test are done in Valpo by one of the ham clubs. That is where I and Bill B took and passed our test.

Clear as mud now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom