• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sadclown I heard that a M&P 9c jammed up REAL BAD at the range tonight.

I like the ideal of keeping the gun eye level for the speed reload. Normally I bring the gun down so I can see the chamber to make sure it was not a FTF before I reload. I don't want to put in a good mag in a bad chamber.
    As long as you don't shoot a M&P then you should not have a problem.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Is it weird that I'm hesitating to date a 20 year old? Almost a 7 year age gap makes her younger than my brother and being under 21 limits where we can go.

I must be turning gay.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, 21 can be fun and will probably replace going to a gym but in the long run Jedi is correct....

Lone, you know you have a workspace when running your gun in a defensive condition.. You have to keep your tools in that space and keep that space in an area where you can be aware of everything going on around you... just saying...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    That is a good set of videos TS4. I liked the ones they put out for shotgun reloads.

Now as for this glock vs M&P nonsense.

I own both, the only glock that fits my hand well enough for me to carry is my 21SF. And my M&P while nice I've started to notice things that I don't like, for instance the grip seems slick at times and the trigger well... Blows. (Why should I have to pay to get a good [acceptable] trigger in a gun) These are just things that I've found out over the last few months with these guns. I've finally put enough rounds through the M&P to realize just how bad the trigger is.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    TV, 21 can be fun and will probably replace going to a gym but in the long run Jedi is correct....

Lone, you know you have a workspace when running your gun in a defensive condition.. You have to keep your tools in that space and keep that space in an area where you can be aware of everything going on around you... just saying...

I'm very aware of that. The only diffrence between what I do and the video is I focus on the chamber in my workspace. I think putting the mag in should be more muscle memory then visual.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Thing is she actually has a job where you don't ask "would you like fries with that" and from talking, seems pretty well adjusted for her age. I'm gonna go for it, will be a learning experience if it doesn't work out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @tv
    25225005.jpg

@acteon
    :rofl: so she can help you with the xmas lights right?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    HAM radios is the unofficial term for the US government via the FCC calls amateur radio which is a chuck of frequency reserved for civilians for non-commercial use.

Radios comes in many different types and/or functions. You can use a simple moose code teletype radio, a "ham radio" which is a walkies-talkie but works on the "ham frequencies" or hook up a radio to your computer and using the internet talk/broadcast to other parts of the world.

Civilians in the US can own a "ham radio" but YOU CAN NOT transmit (talk) unless you have a license from the FCC. In order to obtain the license you have to pass a multiple choice test. There are three levels to the licenses. Each higher level gives you access to more frequencies.

In Indiana anyone can own a police scanner (type of radio that you can ONLY listen to frequencies but not transmit) but ONLY in your home. You can NOT have a police scanner in your car unless you have the "ham radio" license from the FCC.

This is the organization that does the test in the USA.
    New to Ham Radio

For NWI the test are done in Valpo by one of the ham clubs. That is where I and Bill B took and passed our test.

Clear as mud now?

Thank you jedi. Your just a bundle of knowledge. I want to figure out a way to send the portage pd frequency to this police scanner app on my phone. The app only pics up freqs that are sent to some fcc type website. So from what I'm getting I need to get a radio hook it up to a.computer and tune the radio to the right freq then send the transmission to the website and it should be able to be picked up on this app. Any thoughts?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank you jedi. Your just a bundle of knowledge. I want to figure out a way to send the portage pd frequency to this police scanner app on my phone. The app only pics up freqs that are sent to some fcc type website. So from what I'm getting I need to get a radio hook it up to a.computer and tune the radio to the right freq then send the transmission to the website and it should be able to be picked up on this app. Any thoughts?

NaplamFTW would be the man to contact as he is our guru on this stuff. He is the one that introduced us all to the HAM stuff. I know just enough to get by. My real source of knowledge is knowing who know what and how to get people connected to who can help them and how can teach what what.

Now on PINK well that is a different story. :laugh:

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    i know this has been asked before prolly in this thread, but with almost 400 pages i couldn't find it.

looking for an army surplus store, i thought there was one in Schererville, and one in Hammond. but cant find anything on the ol google machine today. any one know where they are?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i know this has been asked before prolly in this thread, but with almost 400 pages i couldn't find it.

looking for an army surplus store, i thought there was one in Schererville, and one in Hammond. but cant find anything on the ol google machine today. any one know where they are?

The Hammond Store closes a llllloooonnnnngggg time ago. :(
    No idea that Schereville had one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom