jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :(
    I'm pertty sure I just got 2 people fired from disney world, fl.
    Just got a call from disney rep who wanted to apologize for the actions of their cast members at hollywood studios. I spent about 30 mins on the phone with the rep she was very nice and wanted to get a few more details on the incident as well as my mailing address. it did make me feel special and I stressed to her that Iwas not looking to get anyone in trouble but for them to either tell customers or clearly label the policy on their custom towels. She told me the employees had been taken care off and we talked a bit moreabout our last trip.

It was when Igot off the phone, that my kid sister who works in hr and those hiring, firing that she told me you realize those 2 employees are gone or will be soon right?

I was like hu? And she explained it to me. Now I'm feeling bummed

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    CTC, you were at the pistol range when I got there... I ended up on the 50 yard but with the rain it turned out OK as it gave me space to work shooting while moving and trying to see through the rain...

Stopped for a couple shots at the 225 with Remy in the rain too, but by then it was OK to lay down in it as I was already soaked... Could only hold a 3 inch group... I'm getting rusty in my old age...

Jedi, Sooooo bad.... and you were saying that T_Star is the mean gothic girl, better re-assess that notion... Getting people fired and all...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    :(
    I'm pertty sure I just got 2 people fired from disney world, fl.
    Just got a call from disney rep who wanted to apologize for the actions of their cast members at hollywood studios. I spent about 30 mins on the phone with the rep she was very nice and wanted to get a few more details on the incident as well as my mailing address. it did make me feel special and I stressed to her that Iwas not looking to get anyone in trouble but for them to either tell customers or clearly label the policy on their custom towels. She told me the employees had been taken care off and we talked a bit moreabout our last trip.

It was when Igot off the phone, that my kid sister who works in hr and those hiring, firing that she told me you realize those 2 employees are gone or will be soon right?

I was like hu? And she explained it to me. Now I'm feeling bummed

:dunno: What happend?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I absolutely LOVE shooting in the rain. I should have planned on going out there as soon as NPCCC wimped out on the Steel Plate Match. If my poor little brain wasn't so wrapped up around this stupid computer issue, I would have thought of heading out to JP instead.

I hope it's 38 degrees and raining for TS4's class. :evilangel:

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Always good to hear about a job well done. And a week does not seem to long for a refinishing, im assuming thats travel time as well. Been pretty lucky on the firearms, although I have a Glock 22 that I had gotten used, a little bit of wear and tear, which im good with, but need to get the front sight on it (flew off while shooting at a range and was never able to find it).

Yeah, that was total turnaround - including shipping both ways. I definitely recommend them and will use them again in the future.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I am wondering what they did that Jedi got them fired. This will be awesome to hear.

abphotos, that is an amazing time, takes me longer usually to get something from a warehouse to my house ordering, so that a great. IF i ever need that done, ill be trying to remember this place.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Update

Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    SEE: QTY DISCOUNTS
    Price: $3.60
    Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80
    KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 67 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce (supply's)
    2. Geronimojoe (supply's)
    3. Da PinkFather :D
    4. T_star
    5. Darkkiven
    6. Gunbunnies
    7. Tv1217 (maybe)
    8. Magic man

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.