• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The 35 Whelen is a beast, it's a 30.06 case setup to run a .358 bullet diameter, the 358 Winchester is the same thing with the 308 Winchester case as the original case used. The 38 auto or super has been around for a long time with the competitors who use the 1911A1 series of pistols. There were only a few manufacturers that graced us with the 357 Maximum, Ruger, Dan Wesson, and TC Encore and the contender being chambered in them.... The 35's are quite interesting, although not as popular as the 308 based calibers...

Nice build Sadclownwp... Take it out and make it dirty....

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    yeah, .40 sucks. I had to make the switch to 9mm recently. Figured I couldnt go wrong with the heavy gun small caliber combo. Still having trouble trusting my life to a 9mm though. Think I should have bought a 45 instead of a 9.

Honestly the only reason I bought a .40 was the fact that I could change calibers if I wanted to, which is actually really cool. If I had to do it again, I would just go ahead and take the 9mm and to hell with .357 sig and .40.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Clif45, If you shoot what you carry and carry what you shoot.... and hit your target in the vitals.... with some sort of accuracy you shouldn't have a problem...

but each incident is all too thier own...

If you want something with some energy you would be carrying a 357 magnum or a 44 magnum and not a 9mm, 40 cal, or a 45acp in the first place....

Ya, that probably made someone upset... but it's true... as you get closer to rifle calibers in your handguns you will get better results with your hits... Just saying...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Clif45, Well now you went and did it...

you brought up your highpoint in a classy thread and spoiled it for all of us....

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Abphotos, welcome to the group... from another photog...

I don't like the Glock because of it's design... and it is a personal thing...

Thanks, buddy. I like the Glock because of its design. That said, I'm a big fan of Sigs, too.

That and a friend of mine had one blow up in his hands... Glock of course blamed the ammo he was running and technically they were right as it was in 40 cal and the caliber is flawed by design... but that is another conversation...

Yeesh! That would make me skittish too. Sorry to hear it.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    if you thought I was going to get into the caliber debate I feel sad. My uncle came by the house today and really liked the hipoint. He isnt very bright... anybody wanna make me an awesome kydex holster for my new hipoint

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Abphotos, welcome to the group... from another photog...

Also, cool vid of your shoot with Jessica. I looked you up on Facebook and it seems we have a few mutual friends. We'll have to go out shooting together sometime. And also... talk guns and stuff. :D

Cheers,
    ab

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for the invite! I'd love to, but I'm already [STRIKE]shooting[/STRIKE] photographing a wedding that day. I'll definitely be at the CP gun show at the end of the month. I also thought there was something coming up in Nov, too. I'll look more into that. Cheers!

Usually once a month we have a meet and shoot. There is another one coming up in Nov, should be the last of the year, but we are talking about doing some of the meet and shoots at the Blythe's in Valpo as well. Welcome to INGO and glad to see you are from Da Region

Jedi, If you would like, I have the full sized Glock 22 as well as the Compact Glock 23, but are in 40, and I have never had a problem with either of them. I can bring them to the meet and shoot if you would like, and dont worry about ammo. Just need to get the sight for the 22 before then done. Personally, I like my 23 more then my 22. For some reason the slightly smaller pistol grip fits my hand better. Both will run the same mags, which is one thing that I really like about the Glocks.

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Usually once a month we have a meet and shoot. There is another one coming up in Nov, should be the last of the year, but we are talking about doing some of the meet and shoots at the Blythe's in Valpo as well. Welcome to INGO and glad to see you are from Da Region

Awesome. I like Blythe's a lot. I'll definitely stay tuned to find out more about the November meet-up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So today I finished my AK. the last parts I had to add to it was a Magpul AFG II and a Spikes Dynacomp 47 Muzzle brake.

Jedi, If you would like, I have the full sized Glock 22 as well as the Compact Glock 23, but are in 40, and I have never had a problem with either of them. I can bring them to the meet and shoot if you would like, and dont worry about ammo. Just need to get the sight for the 22 before then done. Personally, I like my 23 more then my 22. For some reason the slightly smaller pistol grip fits my hand better. Both will run the same mags, which is one thing that I really like about the Glocks.

Thanks but I'll pass. .40 I do not like the recoil is bad. 9mm or .45 ok.

Awesome. I like Blythe's a lot. I'll definitely stay tuned to find out more about the November meet-up.

Well its not too late to go vote for which day in nov it will be held on. Look in my sig for events link and that will have the link to go vote.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom