Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks but I'll pass. .40 I do not like the recoil is bad. 9mm or .45 ok.

Well its not too late to go vote for which day in nov it will be held on. Look in my sig for events link and that will have the link to go vote.

Ok, no problem. Thought I'd offer.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Abphoto, I think the plan for the M&S at Blythes in Valpo is suppose to be october 27th. 8PM to midnight but Sadclownwp hasn't annoiunced it in the events threads yet...

PM me if you want to hit a firing range or just chat guns or photog... always talkin or doing both... Thanks for checking out the site, Jessica will be happy that you liked her video.. Veronica is at the M&S in Winamac normally if thier on a Sunday.... she can shoot real well and Therese is out there normally too.... which she can shoot and make one heck of a bacon cupcake I'm told... can't eat the dang things... Therese's posters aren't up on the site yet....

repeter1977, nice try to get Jedi to shoot a Glock....

Clif45, Kydek for a Highpoint... well everything looks better in kydek... I'm looking at making one for the Mini MPA 30 for one of my photo shoots... it's a brick... but it shoots great...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just another reminder, for anyone who'd like to stop by the unofficial clubhouse. We are hosting a CIGARS & GUITARS night this Thursday (Oct 4). Ends at 9pm. Music starts about 6pm. In addition to the CIGAR & GUITARS, we have award winning HC Cigars showing up to offer some deals on their cigars and discounts on XIKAR lighters and cutters.

This is not an official Open Carry night, but as you know the 1101 Cigar Lounge is very friendly to open carry, even the cigar rep is well aware of that fact so despite the fact that he is from Illinois it won't be a shock to him.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    ATTENTION N.W.Indiana residents who want to shoot on your own land, I have posted this information in several threads in response to questions, figured that the NWI thread may be a good place to deposit this information too:

LAKE COUNTY has a shooting ordinance. NOT every county has one. YOU must check with your county to see if there are any rules. However, in LAKE COUNTY the actual ordinance that PASSED is1314B, it was PASSED on August 11th, 2009.

The passed and signed ordinance actually reads:
    "That the Lake County Council now prohibits the discharge of a firearm for the sole purpose of target shooting or practice shooting within 200 feet of the property lines of a platted, approved and developed multi-lot subdivision of one acre lots or less, as defined in the Lake County Code."​
    ALSO, be aware of NOISE ordinances that will affect the shooting TIMES that are legal (these same times apply to all loud noises like lawn mowing, fireworks, etc.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well that sucks... guess I'll keep looking for property in Southern Indiana then...

Now if Hammond would get the local drug dealers down the street to turn off the blairing stereo before 4 AM I would be impressed with thier ordinances... not.....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well that sucks... guess I'll keep looking for property in Southern Indiana then...

Now if Hammond would get the local drug dealers down the street to turn off the blairing stereo before 4 AM I would be impressed with thier ordinances... not.....

Outside of any city/town limits its pretty easy, just stay more than 200 feet from a platted subdivision and you are fine. Or if you are inside a platted subdivision then make sure that all of the lots are greater than 1 acre in size. 200' is not very far.

I can shoot on my property and I am INSIDE of a platted subdivision but the smallest lots are 2 acres so the county ordinance doesn't apply.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Clif45, If you shoot what you carry and carry what you shoot.... and hit your target in the vitals.... with some sort of accuracy you shouldn't have a problem...

but each incident is all too thier own...

If you want something with some energy you would be carrying a 357 magnum or a 44 magnum and not a 9mm, 40 cal, or a 45acp in the first place....

Ya, that probably made someone upset... but it's true... as you get closer to rifle calibers in your handguns you will get better results with your hits... Just saying...

I'll let you know when you're wrong ... good post! :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll let you know when you're wrong ... good post! :yesway:

/thread
    thumb.php

has spoken!
    ;)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I know it has been posted in one of these general threads before but I'll just ask ... any decent routes between Chesterton/Valpo/Michigan City and points west that don't involve Route 30 or the interstate? I'm not expecting a scenic ride in Vermont or the Catskills, just something other than the mundane.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    /thread
    thumb.php

has spoken!
    ;)

Shouldn't you be working or something? :D

BTW, I met your soulmate the other day at work. His apartment was filled with Star Wars junk (posters, pictures, toys, etc.). He even had SW legos littering the kitchen.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    speaking of lake county ordinance's reminded me of something i learned last weekend. LAKE county is the ONLY county in indiana that absolutely WILL NOT sign off on a tax stamp for class 3 items!! what a crock! there are ways around it by creating a trust, that does not require the sherriff's signature, but will set you back 6-800 bux on top of the tax stamp. the good part is you can then assign trustee's and share your class 3 item with them. but still, what a load of :poop:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    speaking of lake county ordinance's reminded me of something i learned last weekend. LAKE county is the ONLY county in indiana that absolutely WILL NOT sign off on a tax stamp for class 3 items!! what a crock! there are ways around it by creating a trust, that does not require the sherriff's signature, but will set you back 6-800 bux on top of the tax stamp. the good part is you can then assign trustee's and share your class 3 item with them. but still, what a load of :poop:

Hum.. are you sure about this? The former sherrif (Dominguez) I believe signed off on a few for silencers. Hum.. wait re-reading your post and is a silencer a class-3 or are you referring to full autos?

Also off topic but whatever...
    kitty-bones.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I know of others that have got sign off's on class III items from Lake County and Hammond, but they won't sign off on mine more than likely...

DarkKevin, if your in for a trust let me know....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD, well thanx for the vote of confidence... I learn new stuff everyday, always open to learning new stuff too... but on that subject I'm thinking I am pretty close to right.

Of course they could bring some new fanagled thingy out tomorrow and I would be all wrong again...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

Creating a trust is the only way to go. That being said, I know a few people in Lake that have MGs. One that bought it years ago and one that bought it in the last year.

The trust isn't $600-800, more like $40. The quicken software is where it's at, I hear.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ah yes I remember now. There is a man who lives in sj who owns a collections of class-3 items. He was mentioned in the Hammomd Times earlier this year on an article about guns. They did not mention his name just where he lived and that he was not white.
    That is about the only example I know of class-3 in lake county.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Creating a trust is the only way to go. That being said, I know a few people in Lake that have MGs. One that bought it years ago and one that bought it in the last year.

The trust isn't $600-800, more like $40. The quicken software is where it's at, I hear.

From what I have heard, going the quicken route won't work. There have been class 3 items confiscated because the quicken trust didn't meet the standards even after getting tax stamps with it. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom