• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well, the long answer is that I want to fully understand the process, and get plenty of time on the bench before I advance to an automated machine. The short answer is, I'm broke. . .
    Got to make sure you can afford to feed such a beast. Makes no sense in being able to buy it but not use it.
    Personally I would SAVE MY MONEY until I could afford a progressive.

Secret fact, you can load 1 shell at a time on a progressive just as if it was a single stage press.

So if you want to learn slowly and understand the process, you can do that.

When confidence is built up and funds are available then start feeding the beast in volume and produce in bulk. It will save you from having to buy multiple presses, powder feeders, etc, etc, etc.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Jedi made some sushi today.

maXPy.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What is the cost of one of those?

Dillion 550b ~ $440
    Hornady LnL ~ $420
    RCBS Pro2000 ~ $495

The above prices are WITHOUT the auto bullet feeder (which was shown in the video).

Auto bullet feeders vary in price, but figure about $250 for those. Add another $300ish for an auto case feeder. Neither of these things are needed, but the cool factor goes way up if you have them, and your production also climbs.

The Dillon is a 4 stage press, the Hornady and RCBS are both 5 stage presses. Dillion's next model up, the 650, is a 5 stage.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    If you want to buy it once for life... buy the Dillon....

Best purchase I ever made... getting ready to add a second one soon....

I'm lazy....

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    As soon as the wife lets me have a little more real estate in the kitchen, I'll start saving for a Dillon. The more I watch these progressive loader videos, the less I like my RCBS JR-3.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lone... ya it's simple to change calibers with the Dillon but I kinda like having one of my two main calibers already setup and ready to just walk in and start pumping rounds out of so ya, the second press is so I can be more lazy than I already am...

9mm and 38 spcl are my main reloads with the rest of the 22, 308, and 35 calibers along with the shotty stuff close behind...

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    so, who is going to three gun at BORCC this weekend. If anyone else is, dont let me puss out and make sure I dont stay out late on Saturday night. Although if I run the weekends anything like I have been during the week I will be crashed out by 9 and ready to go in the morning. BTW did anyone happen to get any pictures of me from the last 3 gun I attended?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Bump kydex workshop

Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    SEE: QTY DISCOUNTS
    Price: $3.60

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 60 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    so, who is going to three gun at BORCC this weekend. If anyone else is, dont let me puss out and make sure I dont stay out late on Saturday night. Although if I run the weekends anything like I have been during the week I will be crashed out by 9 and ready to go in the morning. BTW did anyone happen to get any pictures of me from the last 3 gun I attended?

I'll have to look. If you can get stills from video you should be good.

Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    Price: $3.60

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 60 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce

Boy I hope more people take you up on this. I'll be in Wisconsin, otherwise i'd be there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom