Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    BUMP

Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    SEE: QTY DISCOUNTS
    Price: $3.60
    Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80
    KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 60 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I hate Kentucky. S'all I'mma say.

Thanks to KLB for the hospitality this weekend. You are DA MAN. Even if you're a bears fan.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    thanks to my treatment, i lost 30 pounds that i couldnt afford. Besides, we all know some people, might not dress for being out all day. Shouldnt be a problem at the range, but its always better to be over prepared, then writing an AAR about next time we need something cause something happened.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    thanks to my treatment, i lost 30 pounds that i couldnt afford. Besides, we all know some people, might not dress for being out all day. Shouldnt be a problem at the range, but its always better to be over prepared, then writing an AAR about next time we need something cause something happened.

I'll make you a big ol' batch of redbeans n rice with smoked sausage and cornbread. We'll get them 30 lbs back on in no time.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'll make you a big ol' batch of redbeans n rice with smoked sausage and cornbread. We'll get them 30 lbs back on in no time.

Wish that would help. Been gaining and losing weight the last two years. Depends on what treatment, or getting sliced open happening as to the weight. Its starting to go up again, but find out later this month what more is going to happen, and will see from there.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Wish that would help. Been gaining and losing weight the last two years. Depends on what treatment, or getting sliced open happening as to the weight. Its starting to go up again, but find out later this month what more is going to happen, and will see from there.

I understand. It's a never ending fight. I've got some close family that have been at war with their own cellular structure for close to a decade. Stay strong.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hey.. Lowend.

Do you know someone by the name of Lori who works at a big outfitters in Hammond?

If so the world is smaller than we already knew.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Oh and I meant to post this earlier but I was never a fan of loaded chamber indicators that is until we went shooting with some non-gun types.

I noticed one of them fiddling around with a Ruger 22/45 while we were at the shooting point and he was behind us. He loaded a mag and dropped the slide. He removed the mag and was carrying the gun around. I sidled up to him and said:
    "Hey buddy.. is there a round in the chamber?"
    "Um, no I don't think so" Pulling the slide to the rear as he does so.. "plink..." "Whoops I guess so!"

He got a dressing down for that one. And he had already been told about not touching guns if you're not shooting them. Even my wife knew he screwed up!

and that reminds me. We were shooting the 22/45 (wife, her friend her boyfriend and me) and then she shoots a couple of rounds from my 45. Big smile on her face. We shoot some more and her friend asks:
    "Hey David's wife, do you want to shoot the 22 again?"
    "No, <big grin> I want to shoot that big 45 again"

Ooooh boy. I may have converted her to liking guns. But why oh why a .45 :( She already has expensive tastes in purses and shoes and now 45 :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You could always burn bacon for heat.

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!!! We should toss you off the island for even thinking that. Lol

Oh and I meant to post this earlier but I was never a fan of loaded chamber indicators that is until we went shooting with some non-gun types.

I noticed one of them fiddling around with a Ruger 22/45 while we were at the shooting point and he was behind us. He loaded a mag and dropped the slide. He removed the mag and was carrying the gun around. I sidled up to him and said:
    "Hey buddy.. is there a round in the chamber?"
    "Um, no I don't think so" Pulling the slide to the rear as he does so.. "plink..." "Whoops I guess so!"

He got a dressing down for that one. And he had already been told about not touching guns if you're not shooting them. Even my wife knew he screwed up!

and that reminds me. We were shooting the 22/45 (wife, her friend her boyfriend and me) and then she shoots a couple of rounds from my 45. Big smile on her face. We shoot some more and her friend asks:
    "Hey David's wife, do you want to shoot the 22 again?"
    "No, <big grin> I want to shoot that big 45 again"

Ooooh boy. I may have converted her to liking guns. But why oh why a .45 :( She already has expensive tastes in purses and shoes and now 45 :(

F00l reload. :rofl: good to her your better half is starting to warm up on the guns

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Whoa. Small world indeed. She's sent spies to find me on the interwebz!

She's the wife's best friend, so its all good :D

She mentioned she knew someone who might be on here, so I put 2+2 together. I think you were at the last M+S I was at. I'm the only British guy :d

And Jedi. You live extremely close to the aforementioned Wife's friend. I'll have to PM you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom