Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

HECK NO!!!! That place USE to be good. Now it's an expensive, over-priced piece of
    censored.gif
    . They changed management (i think) and went all commercial. There are so many better smaller family farms in both LAKE and PORTER as well as right across the state line that are way much better and cheaper.

We went to Windmill Acres with my nephew's boy scout troop.
    Windmill Acres

It's right across from SJ :puke: on the IL side.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, it's been bad this year. I think the morons get sick of the RO at the Slough yelling at them, and move over to JP.

I've been going since I was 8 or so(my dad used to bring me) and it's never been this bad. It has gotten suddenly busier these last few years, too.

Sadly, I think the infection might spread to Winamac in the future.

They've been getting busy lately, too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/ame]

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I try not to go downrange there anymore without my carry gun on me. I don't trust those people. If they're gonna kill me, I like to have the option to return the favor.

JP, not Winamac(yet)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Now on another note.... besides the Remy 700 and the Encore out at the 225 doing really well, the little 4.2 inch SP101 and the LCR 357 were really accurate today even for a half blind guy like myself... I'm impressed with both of these little revolvers... Great additions to my range bag...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Bill B, I'm disappointed... you didn't invite me to come up and handle the hordes of paper plates with you...

I did get some really nice group therapy today though at the 225 yard range at JP...
    I was supposed to take a foreigner with me (he's from Illinois) but he had a family emergency at the last minute, so I picked up my ten year old nephew and introduced him to the AR.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Now on another note.... besides the Remy 700 and the Encore out at the 225 doing really well, the little 4.2 inch SP101 and the LCR 357 were really accurate today even for a half blind guy like myself... I'm impressed with both of these little revolvers... Great additions to my range bag...

:drool::drool:

RugerSP10142.jpg

Last edited:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Im gonna come in and give you a hard time. Maybe fondle a CZ or 2. and put bad ideas about buying guns in my cousins head. Ill also be bringing that Sparc and MBUS with me so you can try it out

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    SEE: QTY DISCOUNTS
    Price: $3.60
    Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80
    KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 60 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom