The Gentryfire 2.0

DSC_0921_zpsbd7df95d.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For the Cigars & Guitars event tomorrow evening (NOT an official INGO Open Carry event, but anyone is welcome) my wife is making REUBEN SANDWICH DIP to go with rye break squares.[strike] One of the shop 'regulars' is going to deep fry a whole turkey. [/strike]Juan is making some sort of shrimp dish. Another regular is bringing "2 bottles" but of what I do not know.

So it looks like there will be some food tomorrow at the Cigars & Guitars. If you are so inclined, stop by.

I am thinking of an early October Open Carry Cigar Night if there is any interest. THOUGHTS?

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Neat, what does it do exactly?

It's a comp.

Reduces felt recoil, controls muzzle rise, allows quicker follow-up shots, etc.

Oh yeah, ... it also wakes up everyone on either side of the shooter.

@ TS4: I assume you swapped out the original PWS comp. How does this one compare? I've been considering pulling my SE Vortex off my LWRC and going with a PWS or Battlecomp

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Neat, what does it do exactly?
    It's a comp.

Reduces felt recoil, controls muzzle rise, allows quicker follow-up shots, etc.

Oh yeah, ... it also wakes up everyone on either side of the shooter.

Yup! :rockwoot:

Anyone who has shot my yellow/black 6.5 Grendel AR15 at the Meet & Shoots has experienced a compensator. They reduce felt recoil, reduce muzzle rise, and the blow anything that isn't nailed down off the shooting bench on either side of the gun while also exhausting about 80% of the gunshot noise into the ears of the neighboring shooting benches. Wonderful for whoever is DIRECTLY BEHIND the gun, but not so much for those in any other position.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    So what makes this better than any other one?

Not being a dick, just asking.

It looks cool though.

Its an expansion chamber that directs gasses to the side/top of the barrel. I'm not sure one brand is better than another. All the manufacturers claim to have the best. All the better selling units work on the same principles, a big chamber is sitting on the end of the barrel with a small exit hole just large enough for the bullet to exit. In the sides/top/bottom are holes that allow gas to escape. When the bullet exits the barrel, it passes through the expansion chamber cavity, then it exits through the small hole. During the milliseconds its passing through the exit, burning gasses are ejected out the sides, reducing muzzle flip, and directing large volumes of noise sideways.

Here is one of the Troy Medieval brakes. I put this on my daughter's ultralightweight Cav Arms AR15. I think you shot that gun at one of the Meet & Shoots?
    http://store.troyind.com/Medieval_Muzzle_Brake_5_56mm_p/sbra-med-05bt-00.htm

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Black label's 50 > your wussy 6.5 :D

:laugh: :laugh: While you're breaking your back and sweating your butt off humping that 50 to get in position, Melensdad will be ringing up targets like a Christmas shopping spree with his 6.5 Grendel before you take your first peek down the scope. Hmmm .... unless of course you start off on the line together. Then you will be lucky to hold position sitting next to that 50.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm talking about the whole factor of blowing away everything and everyone sitting or standing around

Yeah ... you got that right. I remember the 50 blowing the broom off the hook at one M&S. I could have sworn my buzz cut hair had a wave in it too. :D

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Pretty sure there's a picture of it blowing his ammo can off the table.

I was just about to say that. Dunno where it is, or who took it.
    I'm lucky I can still hear after helping him sight it in, sitting at the next bench over. :n00b:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    @ TS4: I assume you swapped out the original PWS comp. How does this one compare? I've been considering pulling my SE Vortex off my LWRC and going with a PWS or Battlecomp
    The original PWS comp wasn't on it when I bought the rifle. It had a YHM flash hider. Which was the most worthless POS I've ever used. I haven't had a chance to shoot it next to the PWS. So far, that comp does REALLY well.

Yup! :rockwoot:

Anyone who has shot my yellow/black 6.5 Grendel AR15 at the Meet & Shoots has experienced a compensator. They reduce felt recoil, reduce muzzle rise, and the blow anything that isn't nailed down off the shooting bench on either side of the gun while also exhausting about 80% of the gunshot noise into the ears of the neighboring shooting benches. Wonderful for whoever is DIRECTLY BEHIND the gun, but not so much for those in any other position.

Most of my shooting is done alone, or in a match.

So what makes this better than any other one?

Not being a dick, just asking.

It looks cool though.

I thought you were being a dick. Thanks for clarifying.

This one started out as a brake from Damage USA, a company out of Granger, IN. They are $15 and anything was better than that YHM flash hider. I drilled a hole in the upper right side directing the gasses backwards. Surefire does this with their suppressor adapters. The benefit is I don't have to fork over $125 for an adapter that might be obsolete soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom