Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you are serious, we need to talk.

True ... but it seems like it would still want to cant outward.

How do you have yours setup. I just setup my 870 that way after using a Scar in a carbine class and I love it. The sling makes it tight to my shoulder as soon as I raise the rifle. Just by extending my support hand out up against the sling attachment point the rifle is rock solid.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Never move the coffee.... not one of my 12 morning cups of joe... That is a capital offense...

Sadclown, Looks good but never know till you take it out and play in the woods with it for a couple days to see if the sling position is good all around or if there is another change in the works...

This guys knows. This was my Caribou Lacuna. Still haven't found it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just stop by actaeon277 place. You got to check out his Christmas lights. Great job. :rockwoot:

Lone, you should have called. I didn't know you dropped by. I would have stepped outside.
    I found a song that should go quicker, so I started it this morning. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. It's a 2 minute song. I have 30 seconds done so far, in a couple hours. Yes, it takes a while to set the song up.

Glad you enjoyed the lights.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Me and in family are going out to see Christmas lights tonight. We are going to stop by actaeon277 place to check out his. Are there any other good light to see in the merrilville or surrounding areas?

If you go on Old Merrillville Road (I think that's the road), from 73rd, go south towards us 30. At the stop sign, (a T to the left) there is a house on the corner that usually has a setup like mine. But better.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, I fired a subcontractor over spilling my Hawaiian Kona...

and I like my Expresso so the spoon will sit straight up in the cup... I mean really it's gotta be right or nothing...

Your coffee isn't anything to be taken lightly....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    How do you have yours setup. I just setup my 870 that way after using a Scar in a carbine class and I love it. The sling makes it tight to my shoulder as soon as I raise the rifle. Just by extending my support hand out up against the sling attachment point the rifle is rock solid.

I have the following Daniel Defense QD sling swivel mount on the front. The QD is not in place for the photo but you get the idea:

20080906WCPWS21b.jpg

On the back end of the receiver, I replaced the receiver end plate with a Troy Industries OEM M4 BattleSling Mount. It looks like this:

troy-oem-m4-battlesling-mount-5.jpg

This is what it looks like on the rifle:

TRYPGRSABLK1.jpg

Right now, I have it set up with a single point sling so canting is not an issue (when the rifle is down) and it allows me to swing it out of the way while transitioning to pistol.

I don't rely on the sling for tension when it comes to running the rifle in CQB fashion. Instead, I will actually include the QD attachment (and swivel) in my grasp while holding the forend and driving the rifle to the target. The sling is there for retention during transition.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Well I think I found your problem, whys your junk on your chin??!! :D

Good lord! It's scary ... that's the first thing that came to mind when I read his post. I just couldn't type it out after running the visual through my head ... I was laughing so hard. :laugh:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    @sadclown do you know if blythes ever got the sling attachment for the ssar15 slidefire stocks? All this sling attachment talk has me thinking about this again. I payed for one when I bought my ar and ssar15 stock and was told I was on a list to be called when they came in. That was a year ago, I've talked to people about it a couple of times and keep getting told they aren't in yet. It's been probably 3 months since I asked last. :dunno: I'm leaving the worried I'm not getting it stage and entering the acceptance stage lol.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    @sadclown do you know if blythes ever got the sling attachment for the ssar15 slidefire stocks? All this sling attachment talk has me thinking about this again. I payed for one when I bought my ar and ssar15 stock and was told I was on a list to be called when they came in. That was a year ago, I've talked to people about it a couple of times and keep getting told they aren't in yet. It's been probably 3 months since I asked last. :dunno: I'm leaving the worried I'm not getting it stage and entering the acceptance stage lol.

This is the first I have ever heard of sling attachments for slide fires

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Comfortable position when you transition?

HTF does that happen? Mine ends up right below my chin burning my junk while I engage with the pistola.

The rifle shouldn't turn outwards if you have a mag in it, BTW.

it is actually easy when you run your rifle left handed and your pistol right handed. when I transition, I can slide the rifle behind me with my left hand as I draw my pistol with my right. It is actually a very smooth process.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Could you ask next time you go in please? I'm hoping your just somehow out of the loop because I was definettly told at least 3 different times that I had to wait I would get a call. Once when I bought it another time on the phone and once when I bought another gun and asked about it. Possibly another time as well.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I bought a lot of stuff that day like $2500 worth of stuff rifle add ons ammo etc. Wanted a sling noticed it didn't have a place to put it on the stock, asked about it and was told that the slug adaptors were being ordered and I could be on that list so I bought a 3 point sling (which is still in the package awaiting an adaptor) and preordered the attachment and waited.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    unfortunately when I get a day off, Tuesday is my only day off. What I really want to do is a basic survival class. Like surviving out of a bug out bag kinda thing. I'd like a do a minimum of a 2 day class on that one. It would not be the same without an overnight stay in the woods.
    I have access to private land in Michigan that has absolutely zero amenities that would be nice for that. I mean nothing. Dig your own latrine. filter water from the pond. shoot squirrels for food.
    Late May or early June would be a good time for newbies to try it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom