• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Me and in family are going out to see Christmas lights tonight. We are going to stop by actaeon277 place to check out his. Are there any other good light to see in the merrilville or surrounding areas?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    last year there were two houses in portage right next to each other that were balls out with lights... looked amazing... to HELL if i can remember where that was....

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    1212120124.jpg

Looks good! What brand is the front sling mount? I have a Magpul one like it, but yours looks a little different. Also, how does the rifle hang with the sling mount pointed down, instead of up?

Thanks!

I'm asking because I just picked up something similar;

556CarbineRiflesOnly.jpg

top one, and I'm looking at sling mount options.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Looks good! What brand is the front sling mount? I have a Magpul one like it, but yours looks a little different. Also, how does the rifle hang with the sling mount pointed down, instead of up?

Good question. It looks like the rifle would want to cant one way or the other if it's slung in front of the body (as opposed to vertically over the shoulder).

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Good question. It looks like the rifle would want to cant one way or the other if it's slung in front of the body (as opposed to vertically over the shoulder).

Thats what I was thinking. I have the Magpul version on this rifle;

DII_8176w.jpg

It wants to cant the rifle outward, but the way its made, I can't mount it verticaly. But then, mine is on the opposite side of sadclowns. :dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... What I really want to do is a basic survival class. Like surviving out of a bug out bag kinda thing. I'd like a do a minimum of a 2 day class on that one. It would not be the same without an overnight stay in the woods.

If you are serious, we need to talk.

It looks like it set up for a lefty

True ... but it seems like it would still want to cant outward.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It is set up for a lefty, it has all the ambi controls on it. It is a magpul sling mount. and really it is not bad at all, it doesn't really make the rifle tip out forward, and when I transition to pistol, it allows the rifle to be places quickly into a comfortable position for me. It may not work for others, but it works well for me.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    It is set up for a lefty, it has all the ambi controls on it. It is a magpul sling mount. and really it is not bad at all, it doesn't really make the rifle tip out forward, and when I transition to pistol, it allows the rifle to be places quickly into a comfortable position for me. It may not work for others, but it works well for me.

Comfortable position when you transition?

HTF does that happen? Mine ends up right below my chin burning my junk while I engage with the pistola.

The rifle shouldn't turn outwards if you have a mag in it, BTW.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Never move the coffee.... not one of my 12 morning cups of joe... That is a capital offense...

Sadclown, Looks good but never know till you take it out and play in the woods with it for a couple days to see if the sling position is good all around or if there is another change in the works...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom