Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I haven't been to the one on Summit street in a while. Don't know if it's still there.
    They never hassled me over my pistol.

The one that used to be on State Street in Hammond was AWESOME.
    But then they moved, something like 169th?
    Then they wanted to upscale.
    Went with newer stuff instead of surplus.
    Raised prices.
    No one wanted to go their for high priced stuff. They wanted cheap surplus.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    Alright so hammond is closed. There was never one in shererville. So its either go to CP or Midlothian IL.

The wife wants to make me something out of para cord. I told her I'm not wearing a bracelet. So I don't know what she is planning. Sh said she needs a lot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is it weird that I'm hesitating to date a 20 year old? Almost a 7 year age gap makes her younger than my brother and being under 21 limits where we can go.

I must be turning gay.

Alright so hammond is closed. There was never one in shererville. So its either go to CP or Midlothian IL.

The wife wants to make me something out of para cord. I told her I'm not wearing a bracelet. So I don't know what she is planning. Sh said she needs a lot.

Hum... probably a rope around the neck if she needs a lot.
    Heheheheh

If its para cord you are looking for why not just buy it online?

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    Hum... probably a rope around the neck if she needs a lot.
    Heheheheh

"Ain't found a way to kill me yet...
    No, no, no ya know he ain't gonna die "
    -Alice in chains
    :D

If its para cord you are looking for why not just buy it online?

i suggested this and now that i know there isn't a surplus store right around the corner im gonna suggest it stronger

maybe she is making you a paracord sling

maybe, that would be sweet.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey that surplus store in Crown Point is alright to carry in... Deb wouldn't give you any crap about carrying there... The original owner died last year and so Deb has been trying to make a run at it. If you guys want to make the place work for you as too what you want to buy, you need to let them know what your looking for so she can keep her eye on the surplus auctions and bring it in... Next month she is gonna start selling some of the GB posters in there and we are setting up a Meet the model event hopefully by January at that store, ya T_Star, Veronica, and a couple other GB models that you guys haven't met yet will be there to sign thier posters... type of thing...

Seriously, if you guys want surplus let her know what your looking for and she will gladly bring stuff in that will sell and do her best to get it in at a price that you will buy it at...

Dangotguns, you can try getting a PC100 or PC1000 scanner and hook that one up, it has a computer controller built in to it and you can listen to it over the internet, not sure about the app for the phone but they use them all the time to do just what you want. If I make a little extra money in the next couple months I plan on doing one in Hammond...

TV, it's all good.... if nothing else you will get some good exercise out of the ordeal...

I didn't see any of you thugs at the Valpo range yesterday... had to shoot all by myself, well not really but the only guy I knew in there was Sadclown and he wasn't shooting....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey that surplus store in Crown Point is alright to carry in... Deb wouldn't give you any crap about carrying there... The original owner died last year and so Deb has been trying to make a run at it. If you guys want to make the place work for you as too what you want to buy, you need to let them know what your looking for so she can keep her eye on the surplus auctions and bring it in... Next month she is gonna start selling some of the GB posters in there and we are setting up a Meet the model event hopefully by January at that store, ya T_Star, Veronica, and a couple other GB models that you guys haven't met yet will be there to sign thier posters... type of thing...
    Sounds like a good place to check out after a winter Meet & Eat. Anyplace nearbye for a lunch or dinner? We could do a meet & eat someplace close and then go to the surplus store??? Thoughts?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I was gonna try to goto Lones Kydek class again but I haven't picked up the kydek and Live Free is having thier winter survival campout saturday and saturday night and that is the Crown Point Gun show weekend so I want to get by there and see if I can find anymore 357 max....

You know the Schoops is just down the road basically on 55 there if you guys wanted to do a meet & eat... He does a nice breakfast from like 6AM to 11AM and then burgers the rest of the day... OC wouldn't be a problem in there either...

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI

Seriously, if you guys want surplus let her know what your looking for and she will gladly bring stuff in that will sell and do her best to get it in at a price that you will buy it at...

Part of the mistique surrounding Surplus shops is not knowing what you'll find there. Not just BDUs and ammo cans, but stuff like old manuals, gas masks, helmets, flags, outerwear, etc. i really dig stuff from foreign lands. I know that the Vietnam era surplus is drying up, but I'm sure there's tons of desert tan from the last 20 years sitting in a bunker somewhere.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @GB, will Becky (the one in the civil war uniform) be there? :drool:

I noticed that Jedi is not going to this event. Jedi is going to be so jealous when he sees the photos of what Melen is getting made at this event.

You should now by now that Jedi rarely goes to any training event. :facepalm:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, I will have you know I learned a lot without actually doing anything....

You showing up if I get Becky to show up ? You may also like Krissy, she is a blast just like T_star and Veronica to be around... although she has done run way and modeling in 7 countrys so far and been published like 30 times... Oh, she can pull your car engine and do a complete rebuild in a weekend by herself also...

I'm trying to figure out if I can drop in on the class and still sleep comfortable all night at the winter campout... not sure yet... my body isn't what it use to be...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Nothing quite like coming home from a nice vacation/hunting trip to find water in the basement.:xmad:
    That's $2k (that I really don't have) that I didn't plan on spending.:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, I will have you know I learned a lot without actually doing anything....

You showing up if I get Becky to show up ? You may also like Krissy, she is a blast just like T_star and Veronica to be around... although she has done run way and modeling in 7 countrys so far and been published like 30 times... Oh, she can pull your car engine and do a complete rebuild in a weekend by herself also...

I'm trying to figure out if I can drop in on the class and still sleep comfortable all night at the winter campout... not sure yet... my body isn't what it use to be...

80% chancd I would show up if Becky is there to sign my poster. Krissy?? Don't recall seeing her.

Nothing quite like coming home from a nice vacation/hunting trip to find water in the basement.:xmad:
    That's $2k (that I really don't have) that I didn't plan on spending.:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

I thought you said we could have an indoot pool party while you were away.
    Shoot did we forget to turn off the water?

I hate water in the basement/crawl. Its a pain in the... to clean, fix!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom