Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How much actual weight of powder does a 50BMG round have?

I want to put a bullet into my spent casing from firing the 50 cal at the M+S and fill the case with enough weight to make it seem "real".

I guess I could google it but one of you clever sods will probably know (Jedi? :P)

The 2008 Hornady Annual Basic Reloader's Manual list a max of 265.0 gr with US869 and a 650 gr bullet and #35 primer, with COL of 5.425".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got to the polling place this morning 2 minutes after they opened up.

The line was already snaked outside the building. Probably 100 people in front of me.

No Obama signs in front of the school where I vote (West Creek Township/Lake Prairie School). Nobody working for the Democrats working the polling area at all this morning. But back in 2008 there were Obama signs dotting the street in front of the polling place when I went to vote and a posse of Democrats passing out buttons, stickers, and literature. In fact I've not seen ANY Obama signs in yards anywhere in my area. Bumper stickers are pretty rare out here too.

When I go to Melen's school in Chicago Heights, IL there are plenty of Obama bumper stickers on cars, but again, far fewer than in 2008. Seems like 50% or more of the cars in the Marian Catholic parking lot in 2008 had Obama stickers on them, this year I'm seeing maybe 20% of the cars with Obama bumper stickers.

I'm feeling pretty good about Obama singing his swan song.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks. I was just being a lazy colonial and didn't feel like googling :P

I just have to buy a single 50BMG bullet now.

LOTS of Obama signs and bumper stickers down here in the ville... but that's not surprising.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Got to the polling place this morning 2 minutes after they opened up.

The line was already snaked outside the building. Probably 100 people in front of me.

No Obama signs in front of the school where I vote (West Creek Township/Lake Prairie School). Nobody working for the Democrats working the polling area at all this morning. But back in 2008 there were Obama signs dotting the street in front of the polling place when I went to vote and a posse of Democrats passing out buttons, stickers, and literature. In fact I've not seen ANY Obama signs in yards anywhere in my area. Bumper stickers are pretty rare out here too.

When I go to Melen's school in Chicago Heights, IL there are plenty of Obama bumper stickers on cars, but again, far fewer than in 2008. Seems like 50% or more of the cars in the Marian Catholic parking lot in 2008 had Obama stickers on them, this year I'm seeing maybe 20% of the cars with Obama bumper stickers.

I'm feeling pretty good about Obama singing his swan song.

I agree, much less democrap this year. I may need a good cigar to celebrate.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I sure hope we are celebrating. I lit a candle in the chapel.

It was very light at my polling place at 8am. One walking out, one voting, and me.

I wonder how many times I voted for BO.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    My polling place is hit or miss. Sometimes there's a handfull of people there and it takes 5 minutes, other times it's taken 45 minutes to an hour. I work afternoons today, so instead of heading to work at 130 like normal, I think I'm gonna head out about 1230-1245 so I can stop to vote then head to work.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Come on over. We started early this morning. We opened up an hour early for the 'regulars' and started smoking pre-celebration cigars. Everyone here voted early and then came into the lounge to watch the election news.

I wish I could, I am going into work, apparently it is crazy there. Keep me posted on both the election news and how the cigars are.

So much for my day off.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'm sitting at home just finished watching Episode 4 of TWD, listening to my UHF air radios and waiting for 1500 to roll around so I can get ready for work.

No voting for this poor immigrant today.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I wish I could, I am going into work, apparently it is crazy there. Keep me posted on both the election news and how the cigars are...
    Bill B just showed up. We had a lounge full earlier. Pretty quiet now. Only 3 of us here, 2 are INGO.

Bill B has a Vega Fina White, I just finished a Macanudo Cru Royale. We are waiting for Andy219 to show up.

Bill said he had no issues voting, being from Hammond he voted for Obama, 6 times.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can see my polling place ought my kitchen window. It has been steady all morning.

I am going to head over and vote, then head to Lowell and restock on bacon.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Vote early and vote often as they say up here in Da Region...

I hope there is something to be happy about later tonight...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Voted

Gary J, Mourdock, and Pence.

Blank on everything else since I didn't really research them.

Don't care who knows it.

Also, apparently almost nobody lives in my precinct(8) or something, in and out in 5ish

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Every election cycle I am reminded of one of my favorites (picture & shirt) ...

If_9c1cab_1045050.jpg

I also like this shirt ...

4_boxes_of_freedom_vote_from_the_rooftops.jpg

I would consider this one for my car if it wasn't missing the all important "when all else fails" ...

29840707_753aca2986.jpg

Unfortunately, any of these would get you labled as an anti-gov extremist, anarchist, whack job, right-wing loon. Too bad nobody understands history.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom