• Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well Jesse Brown was busy today.

I love how the VA will prescribe things that you're allergic to.
    I must have told them three times that I was allergic to penicillin, and any other cephalosporins. And what does the nice lady in the white jacket prescribe, amoxicillin!

Three phone calls later she prescribed something I can actually use.
    I have to say the VA for me has been hit or miss. I either get the red carpet treatment and life is nice or I end up running into every idiot in the facility.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Dave: It's awesome.

KLB: See if you can get black label to come to the next M&S with the .50, fire one shot and blow it all out, lol.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Just finished No Easy Day.

Loved his crack at Joe Biden, lol

Wasn't too bad a book, not sure what all the controversy was about after having read it as well. Must have been a different book everyone else read.
    Oh yea, very funny statement he said about that, oh, and about congrats, we just got someone re-elected. That one too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well Jesse Brown was busy today.

I love how the VA will prescribe things that you're allergic to.
    I must have told them three times that I was allergic to penicillin, and any other cephalosporins. And what does the nice lady in the white jacket prescribe, amoxicillin!

Three phone calls later she prescribed something I can actually use.
    I have to say the VA for me has been hit or miss. I either get the red carpet treatment and life is nice or I end up running into every idiot in the facility.

So are you doing better????

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Wasn't too bad a book, not sure what all the controversy was about after having read it as well. Must have been a different book everyone else read.
    Oh yea, very funny statement he said about that, oh, and about congrats, we just got someone re-elected. That one too.

He betrayed his brothers. I heard one who knew him say, "He is dead to me."

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have seen more then a couple other books out from SEAL Team 6. From during the War On Terror. Granted, none were from that raid, and the others went through the "right" process of having the military check to make sure their work did not disclose anything classified. But, after reading his book, there were more secrets from the White House released that night then in his entire book.
    As for the "he is dead to me", not sure how the others feel about the other SEALs releasing books about some of the same time frame. Matter of fact, there are so many SEAL Team 6 books coming out, that the joke site Duffel Bag joked that during SEAL training they received courses in how to write their books
    Navy SEALs To Infiltrate Libya In Secret Mission, Major Book Publisher Reports | The Duffel Blog

and then there is this one, about all the movies that they are making, etc
    Report: ‘Act of Valor’ Targets Exact Recruitment Demographic For Navy SEALs | The Duffel Blog

So, Im sure they are a little upset, but seems to be what a LOT are doing.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I have seen more then a couple other books out from SEAL Team 6. From during the War On Terror. Granted, none were from that raid, and the others went through the "right" process of having the military check to make sure their work did not disclose anything classified. But, after reading his book, there were more secrets from the White House released that night then in his entire book.
    As for the "he is dead to me", not sure how the others feel about the other SEALs releasing books about some of the same time frame. Matter of fact, there are so many SEAL Team 6 books coming out, that the joke site Duffel Bag joked that during SEAL training they received courses in how to write their books
    Navy SEALs To Infiltrate Libya In Secret Mission, Major Book Publisher Reports | The Duffel Blog

and then there is this one, about all the movies that they are making, etc
    Report: ‘Act of Valor’ Targets Exact Recruitment Demographic For Navy SEALs | The Duffel Blog

So, Im sure they are a little upset, but seems to be what a LOT are doing.

Can't find anything to disagree with here.

The book was actually rather bland compared to other, officially "cleared" SEAL books. I suspect the uproar was generated by those most likely to be embarrased by some of the contradictions with the "official" account. It is less than flattering to the decision making heirachy.

Other sources I have heard from stated that more than a few within the overall spec-ops community were either neutral or supportive of the author.

Take it all with a grain of salt ... read the book, enjoy it, and pay no mind to the drunk uncle. :laugh:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Can't find anything to disagree with here.

The book was actually rather bland compared to other, officially "cleared" SEAL books. I suspect the uproar was generated by those most likely to be embarrased by some of the contradictions with the "official" account. It is less than flattering to the decision making heirachy.

Other sources I have heard from stated that more than a few within the overall spec-ops community were either neutral or supportive of the author.

Take it all with a grain of salt ... read the book, enjoy it, and pay no mind to the drunk uncle. :laugh:

Agree, I kinda flew through the book. Was not super action packed, or hard to read or anything, but I think I read it all in an afternoon or two. Like I said, I read more classified information out the White House during those days then in his book. Was not a bad book though, I rather enjoyed it. Although, I do read a lot of books from SEALs, Special Forces and Delta Force, as well as some from the SAS. I love the can do attitude they all have, and try to live by that as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, If you would like, I can get some Balaclavas while Im on Fort Knox coming up. I knew we used to have black and tan issues ones, as well as the scarfs that you can wrap yourself for them. Just let me know and Ill get ya the good stuff.

I hate sinus infections. I get one every year around this time. Ugh. :(

That is what you get for making fun of me

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Missing a couple of your comments on here Jedi.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by repeter1977
    Jedi, If you would like, I can get some Balaclavas while Im on Fort Knox coming up. I knew we used to have black and tan issues ones, as well as the scarfs that you can wrap yourself for them. Just let me know and Ill get ya the good stuff.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KLB
    I hate sinus infections. I get one every year around this time. Ugh. :(

That is what you get for making fun of me

Quote:
    Originally Posted by turnandshoot4

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no commenst missing on moblie and the extra quote got put in by ingo and its very hard to delete on the phone so Ileft the quotes. Sry for the confusions

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    no commenst missing on moblie and the extra quote got put in by ingo and its very hard to delete on the phone so Ileft the quotes. Sry for the confusions

Ah, thats what you get for having a Droid phone and not a Jedi one. That was not the phone you were looking for.

Everyone else, I will be getting a couple things up there at Fort Knox, if anyone else would like anything, let me know, OR, I know some great military sites that I can let you guys and gals know about too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think there is a way to erase the text by selecting it all but jedi is still learning this phone and jedi does not like touch screen stuff. Either give me a mouse or let me say 'computer do this or that'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom