d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Speaking of nature, I was at a match this morning when out of nowhere, a doe and two fawns trotted onto the range about 150 yards out and starting wandering across. The RO called a cease fire before there were any casualties and there was no venison for lunch.
    I swear the deer know when it's hunting season. Walk right up to ya when it's not. In season.....poof nowhere to be found

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Speaking of nature, I was at a match this morning when out of nowhere, a doe and two fawns trotted onto the range about 150 yards out and starting wandering across. The RO called a cease fire before there were any casualties and there was no venison for lunch.
    Been there. No poaching allowed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thursday morning and Hot Hot Hot.
    I got up at 4:45 and have been sitting out on the patio with the dogs. Its actually quite cool out here for now.

But I expect the sun will boil the water out of the hole in the ground we call a swimming pool by the end of this afternoon. Humidity is supposed to kick in today too. That will be fun.

We have a scaffolding crew showing up today. I suspect the scaffolds will be built on the west wall of the house just in time for the sunshine to beat down on us and bake us to a crisp while we are trying to paint that side of the house. Heat stroke followed by a 3 story fall off scaffolding onto the concrete patio. Should make for good times in my retired life.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I got up at 4:45 and have been sitting out on the patio with the dogs. Its actually quite cool out here for now.

But I expect the sun will boil the water out of the hole in the ground we call a swimming pool by the end of this afternoon. Humidity is supposed to kick in today too. That will be fun.

We have a scaffolding crew showing up today. I suspect the scaffolds will be built on the west wall of the house just in time for the sunshine to beat down on us and bake us to a crisp while we are trying to paint that side of the house. Heat stroke followed by a 3 story fall off scaffolding onto the concrete patio. Should make for good times in my retired life.

When I'm doing hot work, I wear a wet white T-shirt on my head under a baseball cap and let it drape over my ears, shoulders and back. Keeps the heat from baking your brain. Re-wet with cool water occasionally and you're good to go. Looks kind of silly, but I look kind of silly anyhow, so I could give a s***.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I did outdoor craft shows, I used to fill a gallon ziploc bag about half full of water and toss a couple of bandanas in it. Then when I got too hot I would take one out and tie it around my neck.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

Can I have your guns?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

At least the humidity will keep the pool from boiling out so quick! This is your silver lining for the day.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can I have your guns?
    The raccoon army has dibs. They also have marching orders to invade the northland. Specifically 1 thug's home, but not an all out assault. Its a long term plan. 1 or 2 trash pandas at a time. Into the attic. Wreak havoc. Then when they are discovered or dispatched, a replacement crew will go it. They are well equipped, well trained. Like furry little ninja warriors. This plan can continue for years, decades if needed.

Jedi knows they are coming. He thinks he is prepared. He just doesn't know the date of the invasion.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

I did the same thing, although not as early. It was surprisingly cool and dry feeling out there. Good luck with that painting stuff. Safety first.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I don't know if this has been posted here. I dislike children, but no one deserves this. Donate if you want to. And always remember, never get complacent. (Father bought a lot of guns from me when I worked at Blythe's, and is a fellow firefighter.)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Might of spotted Ballstater earlier today leaving the Speedway off the toll road and 49. It was a silver 150 with ball state plates.

gonebad395

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Highland
    I don't know if this has been posted here. I dislike children, but no one deserves this. Donate if you want to. And always remember, never get complacent. (Father bought a lot of guns from me when I worked at Blythe's, and is a fellow firefighter.)

My wife and me will be adding funds this is so tragic and ty for sharing.

On another note thank god works over it was so darn hot today. Going to have a beer with some buddies and head home until it cools off to start working on the pond.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom