Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've never had a problem either, though I've had people tell me "it's illegal to carry in a bank".
    And I usually tell them they should look up the law before they start "quoting" the law.

And yes, it could be a recent change.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well we agreed to property division and the house was listed yesterday with 4 showings today. She only wants half the value of my firearms which is nice but they have to remain in storage till 2024 unless she has a change of heart and drops the stupid PO. My nightmare should end Aug 26th at the latest. Now to find an apartment or home to rent for the next year.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Today I went to Centier bank in Hammond and I noticed a sign on the door that said no firearms permitted on premises. The door was locked and there was another sign that said use of the door. I went to the other door and noticed that the sign was not there. I entered greeted the tellers and started to fill out a deposit slip, when a security guard walked over to me and said sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave, I asked why, he said because you have a gun. I said it's legal.

I bank it Centier and I use the Griffith office and have been in their hundreds of times have never had a problem I've been in the Hammond office several times and never had a problem before I don't know if centier is changing completely and if it has anything to do with the June 1st law change.
    My next words would be, "Cut me a cashiers check for my entire balance right now. I will bank elsewhere."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've walked into First Midwest while OCing many times.

One time I had a teller comment. She said it isn't nice to have a gun pointed at her face that had happened to her one time. I replied that she should appreciate having me in the bank because it would be unlikely that someone would try to rob a bank while there was an openly armed person in the bank.

She didn't like my reply but during that time period I was making large commercial deposits and had the support of the managers at several of the branches.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've walked into First Midwest while OCing many times.

One time I had a teller comment. She said it isn't nice to have a gun pointed at her face that had happened to her one time. I replied that she should appreciate having me in the bank because it would be unlikely that someone would try to rob a bank while there was an openly armed person in the bank.

She didn't like my reply but during that time period I was making large commercial deposits and had the support of the managers at several of the branches.
    Why were you pointing your gun at her to make a deposit? :):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi is still alive. Barely but still ticking.
    Woke up from another 3 hour nap. Hungry which is a good sign.
    Still running nose, coughing and headache.

The fever jedi suspects finally broke today was day 3 with it.

No update on the cv test. Portal shows the lab got it today.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Meijer had a pretty good sale on leg of lamb today. $4 per LB. Picked up 3.

Will make 1 tomorrow for dinner.

Marinating in olive oil, fresh garlic, thyme, and rosemary from the garden along with some fresh cracked pepper and sea salt overnight

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Meijer had a pretty good sale on leg of lamb today. $4 per LB. Picked up 3.

Will make 1 tomorrow for dinner.

Marinating in olive oil, fresh garlic, thyme, and rosemary from the garden along with some fresh cracked pepper and sea salt overnight
    No clue how much garlic you used, but add more garlic. Garlic and lamb are awesome. More garlic is good. Morer garlic is betterer.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did u buy any for the rest of us?
    Your kindergarten teacher would not approve of your answer.

As for centier bank and 2a tom. He OC a 1911 so that is why the security guard saw it. jedi has been to the highland branch on 41 and 45th as well as the one on 41 and Martha. The one on Martha does have the sign. The other jedi can't recall. These signs have been up for years.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No clue how much garlic you used, but add more garlic. Garlic and lamb are awesome. More garlic is good. Morer garlic is betterer.
    I used a whole bulb that I harvested about a week ago. Nice and fresh just like the rosemary and thyme. I'd use fresh lemon too, but they're quite aways out from being usable yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom