Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Morning folks. Anybody here shoot 40 S&W ? Bought my first, the 4006 TSW from the classifieds, and was curious what ammo supply is like.

Don't know about ammo, but there is a .40 PCC in the classifieds:

:cool:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    My Mother-In-Law passed away on Monday, June 20, 2022, she was 93 and passed in her sleep in the early morning hours. It was not unexpected, she had been in hospice while at home for a few weeks. She was mother to nine and had a multitude of "grands".

I am putting her obit here because it's possible that some of you may know part of my wife's rather extensive family.

Roberta "Bert" Loomis
    1928 - 2022, age 93

Roberta "Bert" Loomis of Griffith, IN, is the daughter of Tillman J Sheely and Lucille (Stivers) Sheely. She attended Hammond high school.

She is preceded in death by her husband Frederick J Loomis, Sr., her son Frederick J Loomis, Jr., daughter-in-law Linda Loomis, grandson Frederick Loomis III, son-in-law Richard Gragido, great-granddaughter Avery Loomis, as well as 3 brothers and 4 sisters.

Bert is survived by her children Mike (Cathy) Loomis, Rose (Dale) Ray, BobbieAnn (Bob) McKinney, Lu Gragido, Tom (Belinda) Loomis, Barb (Steve) Gonzalez, Nancy (Mike) Ranger, John (Toni) Loomis, brothers William and Harry Howisen, and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.

Bert and her husband Fred spent many days and evenings active in Griffith girls softball and Bert started the 1st women's softball league in Griffith.

She never met a stranger and loved spending time with her family and friends sitting on her back porch talking. She lived a full life which included her love of flowers, bowling, being active in girl and boy scouts, and spending many days and evenings watching her children's and grandchildren's activities. She was a life long fan of the Cubs, Bears and Notre Dame and Purdue football. She watched many of her grandkids and children of family friends, some of whom as adults still have a fear of wooden spoons.

Creamation will be done by Hillside Funeral Home of Highland. A celebration of life will be held on July 9th, from 1-5pm, at the Griffith American Legion, 132 N Wiggs St.
    Someone once gave her a cartoon with a picture of Wrigley field on it and the caption, "Mrs. Loomis, will you please come pick up your kids? They are beating the Cubs 5-0 in the fourth inning".

My father-in-law, myself, and four of their sons worked at Inland Steel.

The family is doing as well as can be expected and does not need anything right now.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My Mother-In-Law passed away on Monday, June 20, 2022, she was 93 and passed in her sleep in the early morning hours. It was not unexpected, she had been in hospice while at home for a few weeks. She was mother to nine and had a multitude of "grands".

I am putting her obit here because it's possible that some of you may know part of my wife's rather extensive family.

Someone once gave her a cartoon with a picture of Wrigley field on it and the caption, "Mrs. Loomis, will you please come pick up your kids? They are beating the Cubs 5-0 in the fourth inning".

My father-in-law, myself, and four of their sons worked at Inland Steel.

The family is doing as well as can be expected and does not need anything right now.
    Condolences to the family.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Morning folks. Anybody here shoot 40 S&W ? Bought my first, the 4006 TSW from the classifieds, and was curious what ammo supply is like.

Looks like .40 S&W runs about the same as 9mm now and there seems to be plenty out there:

Freedom Munitions has it in stock at 30 cents/round for reman and 33 cents/round for new. I have used there reman 9mm and it worked fine.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Don't shoot it anymore, but have the reloading dies etc. if you find yourself in a pinch.
    Thanks very much. I don't reload yet, but am accumulating components, etc... for when I take it up when I retire. If you ever wanted to divest yourself of dies, etc ... shoot me a message, you never know.

I didn't specifically want to get into 40 S&W, having 9mm and 10mm covered, but it's somewhat a unique pistol, so wanted to try it out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Holy crap. I'm having a friend from the auxiliary drive me and mom to the hospital tomorrow because I will be given sedation and they won't let me drive. I thought it was horrible that I had to ask her to be at our house at 6:30. Welp, the hospital just called and told me they had moved my procedures an hour earlier. So now she has to come from Lakes of the Four Seasons to south Crown Point and be in our driveway at 5:30 am. I'm lucky that she's a good friend.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Thanks very much. I don't reload yet, but am accumulating components, etc... for when I take it up when I retire. If you ever wanted to divest yourself of dies, etc ... shoot me a message, you never know.

I didn't specifically want to get into 40 S&W, having 9mm and 10mm covered, but it's somewhat a unique pistol, so wanted to try it out.

I'd have to go look at the box and the manual but I'm pretty sure if you have a 10mm die you should be able to load 40SW with it... 99% sure the bullet is the same diameter, therefore the same die. You'll just have to be mindful of powder charge and COL.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'd have to go look at the box and the manual but I'm pretty sure if you have a 10mm die you should be able to load 40SW with it... 99% sure the bullet is the same diameter, therefore the same die. You'll just have to be mindful of powder charge and COL.

Thanks, and I suspect you are correct. I don't have a 10mm die set either. All in due time, in no particular hurry. Too busy to focus on it yet.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Holy crap. I'm having a friend from the auxiliary drive me and mom to the hospital tomorrow because I will be given sedation and they won't let me drive. I thought it was horrible that I had to ask her to be at our house at 6:30. Welp, the hospital just called and told me they had moved my procedures an hour earlier. So now she has to come from Lakes of the Four Seasons to south Crown Point and be in our driveway at 5:30 am. I'm lucky that she's a good friend.
    I like that drug they give you right before they ask you to start counting backwards. They should let you linger in that phase a little longer before turning off the lights IMO. Hope it all goes well for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom