Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does chili even care if you don't like it? I mean, seriously, there are contests glorifying the bean & tomato stew that can live on without your approval for many generations.

Think about it. In the universe where there is a war, and it is YOU versus CHILI, clearly you are Ukraine and CHILI is Putin, kicking your ass down the street and not giving a damn about what the NATO nations do

This is the reality of you vs Chili :oldwise:
    By "concern" meter is broke.
    So I can't tell you how low it is.
    It broke, because it went "off scale low", so hard, it broke.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It will eventually get to the point that we will stop eating out.
    Happened two years ago.

I never went out to eat much anyway. Guys at work ever day lunch and breakfast. They average 20 dollars a day without dinner.
    20x5 is 100 a week. 100 x52 5200 a year. Easy math they don’t seem to be able to do.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . Guys at work ever day lunch and breakfast. They average 20 dollars a day without dinner.
    20x5 is 100 a week. 100 x52 5200 a year. Easy math they don’t seem to be able to do.
    Yup I used to see that all the time. I sat in an office and brought a sack lunch to work. Hourly workers with constant struggles to make ends meet would go out to lunch: "But is is only $5.00"

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Happened two years ago.

I never went out to eat much anyway. Guys at work ever day lunch and breakfast. They average 20 dollars a day without dinner.
    I bring my lunch box to work. I don't have the money to eat out every day and we go out to dinner on payday (every other week) and with the high price of gas it's a killer with a tip.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Will you give my wife this memo?
    We went to the commander restaurant for lunch yesterday. The good news is we got out for just a little over $20 plus tip.

The bad news is the food was terrible they gave me a hacksaw with my veal Patty which was actually a real it's actually a real real Patty like they used to serve in the sixties but it was hard hard, crunchy and tasteless.

My wife got a toasted cheese sandwich that was basically basically one slice of cheese 2 slices of white bread and nothing else.

We definitely will not be going back there.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Came up on that double fatal on 41 today.

That's a death spot for sure. Many morons turning into uncle John's cut off the traffic.

I was sitting on my deck listening to all the sirens for that one. Knew it was bad after I kept hearing them for an hour. Definitely a bad spot. Have a nephew that got wiped out there when someone pulled out of Uncle John's right in front of him. He got lucky, and it just spun him out.

ps. Beautiful morning all.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Remember this day ladies and gents. I got called to the Union offices to install a new printer. Almost every file cabinet in there had a FJB bumper sticker on it. I never thought I would see the day when Union reps openly did something against a democrat. I knew a lot of the members were putting Anti Joe Biden stickers on toilets, pop machines, really all over.. But it displayed openly on a union reps file cabinet hits different. Also lots of talk of shutting the assemply in the plant down for a couple weeks because no one wants to buy Jeeps at current gas prices.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Remember this day ladies and gents. I got called to the Union offices to install a new printer. Almost every file cabinet in there had a FJB bumper sticker on it. I never thought I would see the day when Union reps openly did something against a democrat. I knew a lot of the members were putting Anti Joe Biden stickers on toilets, pop machines, really all over.. But it displayed openly on a union reps file cabinet hits different. Also lots of talk of shutting the assemply in the plant down for a couple weeks because no one wants to buy Jeeps at current gas prices.
    Have to wonder with the high gas prices when people were going to say "No More" and look for someone's hide to hang on the barn door.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We went to the commander restaurant for lunch yesterday. The good news is we got out for just a little over $20 plus tip.

The bad news is the food was terrible they gave me a hacksaw with my veal Patty which was actually a real it's actually a real real Patty like they used to serve in the sixties but it was hard hard, crunchy and tasteless.

My wife got a toasted cheese sandwich that was basically basically one slice of cheese 2 slices of white bread and nothing else.

We definitely will not be going back there.
    The food was salty and just 'ok' before the owner passed away earlier this year. Unsure what the current conditions are now.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Will you give my wife this memo?
    Show her this.

I know so many people who spend this much every day on lunch and fancy coffees and complain that they never have any money.
    871e25d49cd8e8f00ea893603e3522f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It will eventually get to the point that we will stop eating out.
    We went out to evening dinner several times a week before COVID but we haven't been out much since. We do order carry out food from some of the same places now. It costs a third less than sitting down because you avoid buying drinks, appetizers and desserts which always inflates the bill. My wife has lost 15 pounds in the past two years and she attributes that to not eating out as much. I ate lunch out every day when I was working to get away from the plant for an hour. Since retiring two months ago, I eat lunch at home most days and have lost 5 pounds in the process.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :drool:
    Well at least aldi pizza price has not yet been affected.
    Large supreme still $6.60. Fresh veggies $4. Add all the veggies, extra pepperoni and more cheese and good to go for at least 3 days. :)

Now if only jedo could get some range time. Sigh

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Happened two years ago.

Same here. And when we cook whether it's grilling or cooking inside. We always make enough for leftovers the next day. Whether it's for lunch or dinner. I've got 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs marinating in the garage fridge. There will be enough leftover for dinner on Monday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom