NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    As a kid back in the 70's, I remember when my parents were aghast at the news gasoline had hit 40 cents per gallon.
    I remember gas in the sixty cent range, but the time I remember it most was when I'd get it at .99 but I'll keep driving if I see 1.04.
    There was bad gas at the Luke's on old 49 and hwy 6 the other day. Know someone who was the 8th tow of the day for that tow company all due to the gas. Saw red bags on pumps yesterday and fuel trucks.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When I was In high school I could get about 3 gallons for a buck and it would last all week (M-F). I had a couple of friends who paid me a buck each for gas each week so I would drive them to school. I almost never paid for any gas with my own money. I had a Corvair that got great mileage for the times. I knew the mileage because the gas gauge didn't work when I first got the car.

I don't think $2 a week works for a gas allowance now.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I remember gas in the sixty cent range, but the time I remember it most was when I'd get it at .99 but I'll keep driving if I see 1.04.
    There was bad gas at the Luke's on old 49 and hwy 6 the other day. Know someone who was the 8th tow of the day for that tow company all due to the gas. Saw red bags on pumps yesterday and fuel trucks.
    You may remember the BP bad gas incident from about 10 years ago. They unknowingly contaminated a bulk gasoline tank with polymer solution and then distributed it in the region. My BIL was one of the unlucky victims and had to be towed to a garage to have his fuel system flushed out. Just goes to show it can happen with any brand of gasoline.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Something about that three digit number made it a no go.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Was working at Standard Oil at 30 & 41 when gas broke a $1.00. We only had 2 digit pumps at the time (up to .99), so had to cut the price in half and double the total. Lot of frustrated customers who couldn't or wouldn't understand the math. Took months to get the new 3 digit pumps in. Fun times!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I bought my second car new, a '77 Grand Prix and ran only 93 octane Amoco Premium for 39 cents a gallon.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    You may remember the BP bad gas incident from about 10 years ago. They unknowingly contaminated a bulk gasoline tank with polymer solution and then distributed it in the region. My BIL was one of the unlucky victims and had to be towed to a garage to have his fuel system flushed out. Just goes to show it can happen with any brand of gasoline.
    Had a lot of those come into the shop when that happened, most people were legit, just flush the fuel system, bp paid the bill. Then you get the bottom feeder trash that blamed everything from misfires to catalytic converters to engine failure and brakes squeaking on bad gas. Tell bp about it and they’d just tell us fix everything and send us the bill, they have so much money it made zero difference. Even had a guy tow in his ford exploder that had a blown engine, plates were two-three years expired because the engine blew then, cobwebs all throughout the interior, a bogus bp receipt and bp just said put an engine in it!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Had a lot of those come into the shop when that happened, most people were legit, just flush the fuel system, bp paid the bill. Then you get the bottom feeder trash that blamed everything from misfires to catalytic converters to engine failure and brakes squeaking on bad gas. Tell bp about it and they’d just tell us fix everything and send us the bill, they have so much money it made zero difference. Even had a guy tow in his ford exploder that had a blown engine, plates were two-three years expired because the engine blew then, cobwebs all throughout the interior, a bogus bp receipt and bp just said put an engine in it!!
    I hate when people are rewarded for lying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom