NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Domestic cats act on their instinct to hunt/kill small animals but then don't know what to do with their prey afterward. They will sniff and paw at the carcass for a few moments then walk away. I once watched a cat stalk a small rabbit then pounce. The rabbit froze in place and didn't run. The cat didn't know what to do and pulled up short. It sheepishly looked around and then slinked away.
    IDK, I remember as a kid going out to the barn and seeing a car gnawing on a rat's head because that's all that was left. That one used to catch cicadas as a kitten and eat everything except the wings.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    ^This. IMO, the ice cream is good but nothing to make a trip for. Their cheese is where it's at. All varieties of the sweet Swiss (smoked and not), asiago, cheddar, and butterkase are very good. My wife really likes the calico, as well.

The tours are very nice, we've taken the kids several times. The last time we went the robo milker had been on display for just a short time. It was neat to watch.
    Had Fried Cheese Curds at the Farmhouse restaurant. They were good.
    My review of the meals were OK. I've had better steak. The garlic mashed potatoes were good as were the green beans.
    Wife rated her rib meal as ok as well.
    I tried a slice of the kid's cheese pizza and it was ok as well. He really liked it. Way to big of a portion for 1 5-year-old, but he ate about half. Hard to drop over $100 for an OK meal. FULL, we still are.
    If I were to eat there again I think I'd order one of their sandwiches.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't know.
    I've had boots I knew right off were bad.
    Good ol' Hytest lol

The mattress I have now is a foamy thing from a company called Tuft and Needle. It's one of those mattresses that ships vacuum packed in a box. It's comfy and should last me a while but I bought a Purple chair pad recently and it's magic. I've fallen asleep in a folding chair a couple times with that thing. I'm thinking about sticking this whole bed in one of the spare rooms and getting one of the Purple mattress and base sets.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Domestic cats act on their instinct to hunt/kill small animals but then don't know what to do with their prey afterward. They will sniff and paw at the carcass for a few moments then walk away. I once watched a cat stalk a small rabbit then pounce. The rabbit froze in place and didn't run. The cat didn't know what to do and pulled up short. It sheepishly looked around and then slinked away.
    So what are you trying to say with this story?

The facts are the facts.

Domestic cats, barn cats, porch cats all kill. Efficiently. They have led to the extinction of dozens of species.

We all need to stop defending people who allow their cats to roam outside.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I keep waffling. March spring break is coming up and I'm looking at a one tank 2ish day trip for a 5 year old with parents that love to do things.
    I'm not flying out since we're doing Disney this year and the rat is going to get enough of my income.
    Dells on the table visiting in-laws. Skiing snowboarding too in MI & WI.

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    So what are you trying to say with this story?

The facts are the facts.

Domestic cats, barn cats, porch cats all kill. Efficiently. They have led to the extinction of dozens of species.

We all need to stop defending people who allow their cats to roam outside.

I wasn't clear in what I was saying and agree with your point. I was illustrating how destructive they are with no real purpose in the food chain. They don't kill to eat and survive and they have no natural enemies. The story about the cat and rabbit was just attempting to point out that I think killing is more of a game with them. I agree that cats need to be kept at home and not out roaming.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom