NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    10&1/2 hours and 600 miles later I made it back with some snow and rain mix up around Traverse city. Roads were good both ways and liked the 75 MPH speed limit north of GR. Poor trucks were only 65 MPH.
    I like that part of Michigan up north. Have been on a couple of bike trips around the Lake and always loved the scenery up there. Of course, we did it when the weather was a bit nicer.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I like that part of Michigan up north. Have been on a couple of bike trips around the Lake and always loved the scenery up there. Of course, we did it when the weather was a bit nicer.
    T and myself have taken a motorcycle trip thru there the last two years in a row, did the complete circle tour then last year took our time on only backroads and visited ludington, traverse city, mackinaw city and the island, grand rapids, saugatuck, and lots of other little towns along the way, had a great time.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My mom grew up in Boyne City, which is just a few miles from Petoskey. Beautiful country up there. At one time we thought about moving there, but there were not a lot of jobs there for me. It's a resort area that pretty much shuts down except for ski season and boating season.

NWIGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    NWI
    Oh wow that's pretty close to me! I take my camper to the truck wash there..

Hopefully not too much damage. Seems like that is a pretty dangerous place to have on fire.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I have to drive to Ohio this weekend to meet my brother so that we can take our Dad's car away from him. He is 86 and no longer competent to drive. It will be sad for him but he knows that it's coming. We spoke of it recently and he remembered having to do the same thing with my grandmother. Life moves in a full circle and is filled with irony. I will always remember the first time he let me borrow the keys to his car at age 16. Now, I am taking the keys away from him. Not that many years ago, he was a whiz with a computer and an outstanding amateur photographer. Today, he can't even operate the TV remote.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have to drive to Ohio this weekend to meet my brother so that we can take our Dad's car away from him. He is 86 and no longer competent to drive. It will be sad for him but he knows that it's coming. We spoke of it recently and he remembered having to do the same thing with my grandmother. Life moves in a full circle and is filled with irony. I will always remember the first time he let me borrow the keys to his car at age 16. Now, I am taking the keys away from him. Not that many years ago, he was a whiz with a computer and an outstanding amateur photographer. Today, he can't even operate the TV remote.
    My paternal grandmother developed dementia the last few years of her life. The last year of her life was especially tough. She passed away in April 2020 from Covid while living in a nursing home.

My maternal grandmother, 92, has sun down dementia. She is as sharp as a tack during the day, but at night wants to go home. I'll say a prayer for your family. Best of luck with your trip

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My mom is 88 and I'm going through the same thing. Fortunately, she is aware that it becoming more of a challenge for her to drive on public streets. She wants to still practice driving just in case of an emergency, so we go over to the middle school parking lot on the weekend sometimes.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    How sad! My family had to endure the same painful action after my elderly Mother has a few quirky accidents. It is truly an example of the circle of life.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yep, my MIL (who's in memory care now) fought hard to keep her keys, even after we witnessed her going northbound in the southbound lanes of US 41. At first, her daughters would flatten her tires, but she figured out how to air them up. Eventually, we disconnected the battery, and that shut her down. Alzheimer's sucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom