NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Yep. I'm sure you live closer to Munster which pretty much confirms exactly what I'm suspecting. They're being lazy a-holes who don't want to drive all the way out here to deliver it. Mine got there early Monday and was supposed to be delivered later that day, it's still not here.
    I'm guessing they wait until they have a a bunch of packages heading out your way before they will make the trip.

A lot of my ammo purchases come by FedEx through their Hammond location. When I have them shipped to my workplace in Valpo, it's not uncommon for them to be delayed because they don't get here until after business hours. Then they have to redeliver on another day. I think Valpo is the last stop on their route.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Yep. I'm sure you live closer to Munster which pretty much confirms exactly what I'm suspecting. They're being lazy a-holes who don't want to drive all the way out here to deliver it. Mine got there early Monday and was supposed to be delivered later that day, it's still not here.
    I live in Porter, so they run the interstate daily. I suspect they are waiting until they have enough packages to fill a truck to justify a run of your route. They do that to my rural parents in SE Indiana.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, the most I'm going to have in the bed most of the time is a box of emergency stuff like blankets, jumper cables, etc.
    Yup ... one benefit of the cover is my fuel economy has gone up. Mostly what is in the bed is not valuable stuff but I just need to keep it dry. Or it is in the bed for a short duration from home to a destination or visa versa.

When we were actively house flipping there were tools in the back that needed to be secure, and often they would be in the bed for several days; at that point a hard cover made sense. My soft cover was just under $250 and is not nearly as nice as my BAK revolver but it is also nearly $900 cheaper!

The Ridgeline I just got is rated for 18/24 city/hwy. Before I put the bed cover on I was averaging about 22.2 mpg in my mix of city, suburban, rural and highway driving. That has gone up to 23.4mpg. My Frontier (6cyl) got closer to 18mpg in actual driving.

So I'm happy with my cheap soft cover, but if I needed real security I'd bypass a soft cover for a BAK Flip, BAK Revolver or maybe a TruXedo. There are a few other good brands for security too, I've just never had hands on those brands.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm guessing they wait until they have a a bunch of packages heading out your way before they will make the trip.

A lot of my ammo purchases come by FedEx through their Hammond location. When I have them shipped to my workplace in Valpo, it's not uncommon for them to be delayed because they don't get here until after business hours. Then they have to redeliver on another day. I think Valpo is the last stop on their route.
    I live in Porter, so they run the interstate daily. I suspect they are waiting until they have enough packages to fill a truck to justify a run of your route. They do that to my rural parents in SE Indiana.
    Still, 4 days late so far is just ridiculous. They were also a day late last week with my frozen feeder rats with a giant "PERISHABLES" sticker on it, thankfully the dry ice hadn't sublimated all the way and they arrived still frozen solid.

How much are truck caps these day? I haven't priced one in 20+ years.

$2k-5k depending on style, materials, options, etc

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    We bought a new fridge, range and dishwasher in mid-September. The fridge and range were in stock and the dishwasher was expected to hit the floor late October. Dishwasher ended up showing up around the first of October. We lucked out with the timing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well if you did not live ffffffaaaaarrrrr.
    It would not be an issue. :p

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I put an American Tonneau tri fold cover on my Colorado. It's been three years now and I'm still happy with it. It leaks a little at the car wash but for a $200 cover, it's been solid.
    You guys are killing me with all the talk about tonneaus... Kids wanted to get me one from wife and them, so I bought one and it's been hiding in the garage till Christmas, right next to the 20 bags of softner salt for bed weight... Been itching to put it on.... The BakFlip and BakBox should be on before the new year! My older ram had a vinyl trim fold, good cheap cover, small rip one time I didn't buckle down when folded and driving. It opened up on load in bed. Tarp tape and and rtv, as good as old.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got the deer out back stood back up. 1st chance to get out there since the wind event. Found out the reason they fell was the zip ties busted holding the legs on. And I mean on all the legs. I think I'll re-ziptie them tomorrow. Today wore me out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom