NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    New fridge one month ago. New range and microwave last week when we tried to burn it up.

Told the wife HO! HO! HO! Merry Christmas Baby!

:coffee:.
    Yeah, I know the feeling. We got new washer, dryer, hot water heater, furnace, and AC all within the first couple months of the year. :spend:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dead-dead? Or just the belt broke? Fixed my first belt break couple months ago.

Very loud humming and vibration that's constant and another weird noise that's intermittent. Thinking the rollers/bearings are shot at the least. 13 year old dryer so just going with replacement v/s trying to repair

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Friday morning and only one more week of Christmas music. What ever will the hallmark channel do?
    The Golden Girls reruns late at night will return to Hallmark when the Christmas movies slow down. They never stop. My wife should have every episode of the Golden Girls memorized.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Update: I have a volunteer. I'm good. :yesway:

Can anyone give me a hand getting this on my truck this weekend (or any time)? My right shoulder is fifty shades of messed up and if I hurt it again I'm looking at surgery. There's lunch in it for ya. I'm in Crown Point.

1639748099775.png

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Got my Christmas bonus today....same day my dryer decides to take a :poop:....coincidence....I think not :spend:
    Reminds me of the time I got a bonus check and two days later, my ex wife accidentally ripped the front fascia off of her car with a parking lot guard rail. The repair cost was within a couple bucks of the bonus amount.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Ouch! I guess we're doing our part to stimulate the economy. Too bad it's the Chinese economy.

One difficulty of buying appliances today is that inventories are so low. You end up taking what you can find with little opportunity to price shop. We were forced to buy a new freezer in August and pickings were slim unless we wanted to wait 30-45 days.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Lol, overwhelmed. My ammo arrived there at the Munster faculity yesterday morning and delivered that afternoon.
    Yep. I'm sure you live closer to Munster which pretty much confirms exactly what I'm suspecting. They're being lazy a-holes who don't want to drive all the way out here to deliver it. Mine got there early Monday and was supposed to be delivered later that day, it's still not here.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Update: I have a volunteer. I'm good. :yesway:

Can anyone give me a hand getting this on my truck this weekend (or any time)? My right shoulder is fifty shades of messed up and if I hurt it again I'm looking at surgery. There's lunch in it for ya. I'm in Crown Point.

View attachment 171835
    If it wasn't fencing season I'd come over there and put it on for you.

I put one on my new Ridgeline Sunday, took me longer to find my T30 (TORX) screwdriver than it took to fit the cover.

Literally crazy schedule over here. Last week I was northwest of O'Hare, then Indianapolis, Columbus, OH, Toledo, OH, Notre Dame, back home, then Culver, IN. Plus I coached 2 times at Homewood-Flossmoor and 2 times in St John. Today I'm heading to take a bunch of kids to meet a former Olympian for a practice and Christmas party in the far west 'burbs, tomorrow starts up the tournament tour again, plus we are taking the foster baby to see Santa at Macy's on State Street . . .

----- :fogey:-----

On a different note, I'm feeling better. Took a nap yesterday afternoon. Then went to bed about 8. Slept until 8am. Almost uninterrupted. Not saying I'm back to 100% of my old decrepit self, but I'm feeling a lot better than I was the past few days.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    They also make soft caps but I don't know how sturdy that would be at speed or when it's windy. I see softtop Jeep Wranglers all the time where the fabric on top is whipping up and down in the wind and I feel like that has to make an annoying sound.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    i put a bakflip mx4 on my denali and love it, easy peasy install, secure if you have a locking tailgate and it's one of the few you can open/close the tailgate without lifting the rear panel or the seal gets damaged. I added a bak box which makes a great rifle box with a little foam cutout

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had a BAK revolver on my Frontier. I echo DK's sentiment.

My new soft cover was a compromise purchase since I could not get a BAK or TruXedo that actually allowed full access to the under bed 'trunk' that exists under the floor of my new Ridgeline. I wanted full access to that trunk and the rail design on the BAK and TruXedo both limited me to about 80% access.

My soft cover, from North Mountain, makes noise in the wind, but is should be water proof enough. And it will keep prying eyes out of whatever bed contents happen to be back there. Anything I need to really secure goes in the under bed locking truck.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had a BAK revolver on my Frontier. I echo DK's sentiment.

My new soft cover was a compromise purchase since I could not get a BAK or TruXedo that actually allowed full access to the under bed 'trunk' that exists under the floor of my new Ridgeline. I wanted full access to that trunk and the rail design on the BAK and TruXedo both limited me to about 80% access.

My soft cover, from North Mountain, makes noise in the wind, but is should be water proof enough. And it will keep prying eyes out of whatever bed contents happen to be back there. Anything I need to really secure goes in the under bed locking truck.
    Yeah, the most I'm going to have in the bed most of the time is a box of emergency stuff like blankets, jumper cables, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom