NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I buy gallons of distilled water for my CPAP. If anyone else buys gallons of water for anything, have you noticed a phenomenon where some of the bottles spontaneously start leaking? I always keep about 8 gallons in the laundry room, and it never fails, one of them will just spring a leak for no reason and there is water all over the floor. At first I thought it was cheap bottles because I bought the generic water, but it has happened with better brands too. I've never had it happen with smaller bottles of water, only the gallons.
    I never buy more than 2 or 3 gallons at a time for mine. A gallon usually lasts me 2-3 weeks. No, I've never had the jugs spontaneously leak. I do find the store shelves curiously low on distilled water most of the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've been doing windows for a long time snap. Usually, if it ain't broke, do not fix it.

Not really a good philosophy these days. Keeping up to date is important to fix all of the security issues, thus making it less likely your PC gets compromised by something bad.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Not really a good philosophy these days. Keeping up to date is important to fix all of the security issues, thus making it less likely your PC gets compromised by something bad.

In general, you are correct. But you can keep updated, without switching to the latest, greatest MS OS. In my case (production environment), I have lots of interacting parts that have to play nice together, and once it's working, you don't change anything till you have to.

Even the common user who does any printing or other functions, can have driver issues upon changing OS.

But yes, staying updated is important.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In general, you are correct. But you can keep updated, without switching to the latest, greatest MS OS. In my case (production environment), I have lots of interacting parts that have to play nice together, and once it's working, you don't change anything till you have to.

Even the common user who does any printing or other functions, can have driver issues upon changing OS.

But yes, staying updated is important.

This.

If u don't connect to internet no need for the updates. And yes jedi still have some networks and devices that don't connect to internet and running old flavors of windows just fine.

Sure for online banking jedi would keep security up to date. But for general surfing, game playing, for get about it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This.

If u don't connect to internet no need for the updates. And yes jedi still have some networks and devices that don't connect to internet and running old flavors of windows just fine.

Sure for online banking jedi would keep security up to date. But for general surfing, game playing, for get about it.
    IF you are disconnected, sure you are mostly safe. If you have something that you cannot upgrade because it will break stuff, it should not be able to connect to the Internet.

If you are connected to a network that has access to the Internet, you should stay pretty much up to date.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Libraries are up there with cemeteries for me. Useless and dated and very boomer

We can read books on our phones now people.

Useless and I really don't want my taxes going towards them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom