NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I buy gallons of distilled water for my CPAP. If anyone else buys gallons of water for anything, have you noticed a phenomenon where some of the bottles spontaneously start leaking? I always keep about 8 gallons in the laundry room, and it never fails, one of them will just spring a leak for no reason and there is water all over the floor. At first I thought it was cheap bottles because I bought the generic water, but it has happened with better brands too. I've never had it happen with smaller bottles of water, only the gallons.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dinstilled water is
    I buy gallons of distilled water for my CPAP. If anyone else buys gallons of water for anything, have you noticed a phenomenon where some of the bottles spontaneously start leaking? I always keep about 8 gallons in the laundry room, and it never fails, one of them will just spring a leak for no reason and there is water all over the floor. At first I thought it was cheap bottles because I bought the generic water, but it has happened with better brands too. I've never had it happen with smaller bottles of water, only the gallons.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Distilled water is MORE corrosive than tap and/or thr filter drinking water. The plastic jugs from the companies only have a certain life span from company to your house. They are NOT meant for long term storage of that type of water.

If you want to store distilled water for years you need the special containers that can handle that water type.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    OMG, Jedi was right.**gag**

and CTC was too, but that didn't make me **gag**

Despite its benefits, distilled water is particularly corrosive. With no minerals to give the water pH balance, distilled water acts like a magnet, absorbing chemicals (phthalates and bisphenols) from plastics, nickel from stainless steel, aluminum from aluminum containers, and carbon dioxide from the air.
    From this page:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I bought some recently and was surprised at how flimsy the jugs are nowadays. I think they just split open under their own weight.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Distilled water is MORE corrosive than tap and/or thr filter drinking water. The plastic jugs from the companies only have a certain life span from company to your house. They are NOT meant for long term storage of that type of water.

If you want to store distilled water for years you need the special containers that can handle that water type.
    I go through a jug in a couple of weeks. Shelves have been empty lately, so I will keep on stockpiling when I can find it.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Update on the crash.
    The 50 year old drive was indeed involved in the fatal crash 6 months ago that occurs on indy and ridge rd. In that prior crash a highland student, Tyler, was killed as the 50 year old again ran the red light.

Book of faces is saying the the Lake County prosecutor is filing charges FOR BOTH accidents.

If true she is gonna be in a world of hurt soon.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Update on the crash.
    The 50 year old drive was indeed involved in the fatal crash 6 months ago that occurs on indy and ridge rd. In that prior crash a highland student, Tyler, was killed as the 50 year old again ran the red light.

Book of faces is saying the the Lake County prosecutor is filing charges FOR BOTH accidents.

If true she is gonna be in a world of hurt soon.

Who did she drive for?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Apparently I may have been mistaken about the lady’s vehicle, I know for a fact one of the news sources said the 50 yo was driving a 2000’s Volvo semi. I haven’t seen anything confirming that since, just a 2009 Volvo. From the looks of the victims car it sure coulda been a semi but Volvos are built like tanks too.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Lots of danger on the roads these days. Tonight on the way home, I saw some idiot on 30 who had mounted a plow on his pickup but did not have any auxiliary lights up front. It was after dark and he was running blacked out with his headlights behind the plow.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Lots of danger on the roads these days. Tonight on the way home, I saw some idiot on 30 who had mounted a plow on his pickup but did not have any auxiliary lights up front. It was after dark and he was running blacked out with his headlights behind the plow.
    buzz-woody.gif

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    ****ing dumbass

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom