NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I forgot if I ever asked you.

You mess with the t56?
    I don't think you did.
    I've built/repaired quite a few over the years. I have kind of gotten away from messing with manual transmissions over the last few years however

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just wait till power stations can't get parts.
    Right now, things are sometimes being adapted. Which cost more money.
    So, if you're lucky, NIPSCO will cost more. If you're unlucky... rolling brownouts during the winter.
    I think the ebook was called "1 second after" in which an Arabic terrorist manages to launch emp bombs over North America, Asia and Europe.

It was the lack of being able to get new transformers to thr cilivied world that kills most of earth's population during the first few winters.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I don't know how some of you guys work with Union folks. How does anything get accomplished at the mills? We moved some engineers starting last week. Took the electricians 2 days to unplug the computers, an autoworker 2 more days to move the computer to a different cubical, and then another 2 days days for an electrician to plug the computer into the new location. All the while we paid engineers to twiddle their thumbs. They will not let IT guys move equipment because that is a job autoworkers can do, and we can't plug anything into the outlet without being an electrician.

This **** is driving me insane. Now I know why vehicles with 4 grand in materials cost $50k base priced.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I don't know how some of you guys work with Union folks. How does anything get accomplished at the mills? We moved some engineers starting last week. Took the electricians 2 days to unplug the computers, an autoworker 2 more days to move the computer to a different cubical, and then another 2 days days for an electrician to plug the computer into the new location. All the while we paid engineers to twiddle their thumbs. They will not let IT guys move equipment because that is a job autoworkers can do, and we can't plug anything into the outlet without being an electrician.

This **** is driving me insane. Now I know why vehicles with 4 grand in materials cost $50k base priced.

No, vehicles cost that much cause they pay people 6 figures to lower tools from the ceiling and Tighten a bolt.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    No, vehicles cost that much cause they pay people 6 figures to lower tools from the ceiling and Tighten a bolt.
    No autoworkers don't make that much for lowering tools or tightening a bolt. Most autoworkers are like 45k a year or less. They are like 18 bucks an hour till they become team leads, or till they are there forever.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The good mill workers get the bulk of whatever work they come into done early or spread across the turn leaving just the stuff that materialized during the turn to finish at the end but the slugs F off for the first 7 hours and have to hump it all out the last hour to get out on time.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    No autoworkers don't make that much for lowering tools or tightening a bolt. Most autoworkers are like 45k a year or less. They are like 18 bucks an hour till they become team leads, or till they are there forever.
    Huh?? I have several friends and family working at ford, not a single one makes less than 100k/yr

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Huh?? I have several friends and family working at ford, not a single one makes less than 100k/yr
    Trading time for money, as I write this while at work for now 62 hrs so far in the last four days.... Most I know don't make that working 40hr weeks or having most weekends off?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First day back from vacation tomorrow. And I'm scheduled 4 shifts.
    Which is only because the boss through out the rules.
    If I was scheduled "correctly", I'd have 7 shifts, even with the 2 vacation days.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Glad I got the lights up when it was warm.
    Went outside today for the first time in a few days and bbbbrrrrrrrrr.

But.. I didn't get the gutters done.
    Maybe if it's a bit warmer later?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom