NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Don't know how the rest of you feel about shutting down the world over the Wu-****-Flu, but for the first time in my printing career, 36 years, we are having shortages and back-orders on paper and envelopes. That's in addition to prices sky-rocketing. Paper manufacturing lines closed due to lack of workers, cargo ships sitting in harbors, etc...

My suppliers tell me to expect it to get worse before it gets better. Never thought I'd see the day when I might get shut down for lack of materials. I'm not there yet, but it's not looking good.

Oh, and Let's Go Brandon.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Don't know how the rest of you feel about shutting down the world over the Wu-****-Flu, but for the first time in my printing career, 36 years, we are having shortages and back-orders on paper and envelopes. That's in addition to prices sky-rocketing. Paper manufacturing lines closed due to lack of workers, cargo ships sitting in harbors, etc...

My suppliers tell me to expect it to get worse before it gets better. Never thought I'd see the day when I might get shut down for lack of materials. I'm not there yet, but it's not looking good.

It's everywhere and some would say that you have been fortunate it hasn't hit your business sooner. My employer has been struggling with the supply chain since March. Every month it's something different - chemicals, drums, spare parts, transportation etc. etc. For the past three months, we have been hurting our customers because our transportation companies have lost drivers and can't keep up with the demand. I don't see an end to it any time soon.

Let's Go Brandon!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Maybe the world will wake up and realized it's not good biz to have 1 country/1 source be the supplier of everything.

Doubt humans learn for this. Humans are known to continue repeating history.

@mmpsteve agree with your slogan.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The ultimate N.A.R.T. Pickup the size of a Smart Car. Imported directly from Japan.

263864727_1302543993551547_1035012591475352139_n.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Yup. Parts are taking longer to get. Been waiting on a TCM (Transmission control module) for over 4 months now.
    Had to wait a month on a transmission from Japan because it was stuck in a container ship off the coast of Kommiefornia.

What use to be a turnaround time of 3 days on rebuilding a transmission has me backed up for roughly 6 weeks for any new jobs coming in. The backlog is in part to just being that busy however.
    Everyone seems to be fixing vs buying new or used vehicles

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The only way for the :sheep: to see the effect is in their food supply.

If the welfare check stays at say the same but say that $100 no longer covers their regular food stuff then they might notice.

They have NOT noticed that sizes have gotten a little smaller on their items while price has remained the same.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For every action, there is a reaction.
    People running the country forgot that.
    Probably because many of the people that elected them, forgot that.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Yup. Parts are taking longer to get. Been waiting on a TCM (Transmission control module) for over 4 months now.
    Had to wait a month on a transmission from Japan because it was stuck in a container ship off the coast of Kommiefornia.

What use to be a turnaround time of 3 days on rebuilding a transmission has me backed up for roughly 6 weeks for any new jobs coming in. The backlog is in part to just being that busy however.
    Everyone seems to be fixing vs buying new or used vehicles
    Have you been able to hire any new help at your shop yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom