NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Every time I put up shelves to free up space, the shelves fill up and the new free space seems to disappear.
    Oh, she got me. While at the store she asked if I could also install some floating shelves in her actual scrapbook room. I asked where and how many? Deal was she cleans up any sawdust and drywall dust.

20211128_180528.jpg

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    After 20 days lost, got a call tonight to go get our cat 9.5 miles away. Crazy, may have a little shock but all seems to be ok. Had to admit to wife that there may be some good in Facebook....

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    20 1/2 months and counting since I had to set foot in that :poop:hole
    Almost 1/2 a hs lifetime.
    21 months since we have had peeps here for us. Fingers crossed that we got at least another 12 months before they return. If they never come back that would be even better.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    What magnificent piece of technology that makes life easier are all you boombers mad at this fine afternoon?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and expose my stupidity. Also a warning for everyone:

Self-Cleaning Ovens - Don't do it!

Happened Saturday. We'd been getting a little smoke from an overflow of turkey juice from cooking the turkey on Thursday. Wife told me she's gonna self-clean. A little red flag popped into my head when she said it, but I got distracted and forgot about it ... till the smoke alarm went off upstairs. I was downstairs.

By the time I get upstairs, there's flame in the oven, with noxious fumes boiling out of it - house full of black smoke. Turn oven off - Grab fire extinguisher - can't open oven door! It's locked for your safety. Man handle door enough to get extinguisher nozzle in, and it puts it out.

When I was fighting to get the door open, smoke was getting thick enough that I almost had to call it quits and dial 911. I would have lost everything if it had escaped the oven, which maybe it can't, but I was pretty much in panic mode.

Bottom line, don't self-clean oven after 20 years of accumulated **** is in it. I knew better, but didn't listen to my own instinct.

IMG_5248 (1).JPG

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah self cleaning is a misnomer. It's supposed to be more of a finishing operation where you clean it manually as best you can and then run self clean to remove the hard to get stuff.

This applies to some other "self cleaning" functions as well, such as washing machines (both laundry and dish)

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah self cleaning is a misnomer. It's supposed to be more of a finishing operation where you clean it manually as best you can and then run self clean to remove the hard to get stuff.

This applies to some other "self cleaning" functions as well, such as washing machines (both laundry and dish)

Yep, I knew that but got careless. Dodged a big bullet on this one. Cost me $1000 also, for a new matching stove/microwave.

One good thing though. Since I didn't have a heart attack during this adventure, I don't believe I'll ever have to worry about one. The old ticker was pumping!

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Now you get to purchase a range that you control from your smart phone so next time that happens you can get alerted via text then choose to text the fire department or not

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom