NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Weird related story: Best friends fiancé brother is hosting dinner for their family tomorrow, he expects everyone attending to take an at home Covid test before coming tomorrow or they won’t be allowed in. Best friend has to work a double so it’s no concern for him (he’d happily tell the brother to f himself) but it seems the majority of the family is attending following his demand. I mean, his house, his rules but if you’re that concerned why would you host dinner, just stay home alone

Yep, lot of angles and viewpoints. At least with the testing protocol, there's some basis in science, if the tests are accurate. I kinda get wanting to avoid actual contaminated people. But I don't know if the quick tests are accurate.

My family member's concern is much less rational. She overlooks the fact that she's just as likely to be carrying Wuflu as I am, regardless of our vax status. Both my sons and family, and many others, have had Wuflu after being vaxed. Yet she's more scared about the unwashed masses, so it seems.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Weird related story: Best friends fiancé brother is hosting dinner for their family tomorrow, he expects everyone attending to take an at home Covid test before coming tomorrow or they won’t be allowed in. Best friend has to work a double so it’s no concern for him (he’d happily tell the brother to f himself) but it seems the majority of the family is attending following his demand. I mean, his house, his rules but if you’re that concerned why would you host dinner, just stay home alone
    Strange times we live in. If I am that concerned about exposure to COVID, I would not trust my health to a bunch of home administered COVID tests.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    For the swim meet next week, USAS is requiring that all attendees be vaxxed and show the card as well as have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the start of the meet.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    3720 Ridge Rd, Lansing, IL 60438

This one. It's just over the state line on ridge rd where munster is at.
    I know that area, heck I used to literally live in their parking lot. Well in a house that is where their parking lot is now.
    I've never browned the giblets before putting them in the stock. I may try it, along with the neck and whatever else I put in. I cut off the "butt" of the turkey and the tip sections of the wings and put them in the stock also, along with a bit of onion (and carrot if I have any). I also cut the neck and the wing tips into smaller pieces before I put them in, so more of the goodness will be released from the bones. Then I just strain really well before I make the gravy.

Pro tip: I don't really like to use much bullion, but Knorr chicken bullion in the cubes is the best I have ever tasted. It has a more complex flavor than most bullions that just taste like salt and chicken flavor.
    I use Knorr granules most of the time, use it instead of salt in soups/gravies/etc.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    For the swim meet next week, USAS is requiring that all attendees be vaxxed and show the card as well as have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the start of the meet.
    wonder if they really will though. SEMA this year required vax, masks AND a negative test per their rules. in reality, no one asked anyone for anything and no masks were worn by any attendee unless they so chose.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    wonder if they really will though. SEMA this year required vax, masks AND a negative test per their rules. in reality, no one asked anyone for anything and no masks were worn by any attendee unless they so chose.
    We've already sent our vax cards. USAS did the same procedure for a meet I officiated in Indy back in May and another one in Indy a year ago. I sorta get it with USAS. These are most of the top swimmers in the Nation. They'll do everything they can to "protect" those athletes. The organization doesn't want to be second guessed if a bunch of them get sick. USAS can say...."hey, we did everything we could, they had to be vaxxed, they had to show a negative test done within 72 hours of the meet start and we made them wear masks the entire time".

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I use Knorr granules most of the time, use it instead of salt in soups/gravies/etc.
    I have the beef granules because I have not been able to find the cubes. (Thanks to Qwerty I may have the hookup on them.) I like a nice cup of beef bullion. It's my go-to snack at night when I can't sleep. I also toss in a sprinkle of onion and herb Mrs Dash. Adds flavor without adding salt. That's my favorite seasoning besides salt or pepper.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Starting in January USA Fencing is requiring vaccine proof before entry into the national events. This applies to coaches, parents, spectators and participants.

At the November event either a negative test or a vaccination card was required. I was stopped at the door EVERY time I went inside. So they checked at that event.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Starting in January USA Fencing is requiring vaccine proof before entry into the national events. This applies to coaches, parents, spectators and participants.

At the November event either a negative test or a vaccination card was required. I was stopped at the door EVERY time I went inside. So they checked at that event.
    For the meet in Indy in the spring, Officials, Athletes and Coaches all went through the same entry everyday. Volunteers had a separate entrance. At that point they took our temp asked the standard questions about possibly being exposed since our last entry. One of our officials responded that she had a runny nose due to allergies. She was done, go home.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For the meet in Indy in the spring, Officials, Athletes and Coaches all went through the same entry everyday. Volunteers had a separate entrance. At that point they took our temp asked the standard questions about possibly being exposed since our last entry. One of our officials responded that she had a runny nose due to allergies. She was done, go home.
    I forgot about it but we had to stand in front of a temperature scanner too.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    The wife's step-siblings and their families are like this. Oddly enough they are all currently sick and won't be at dinner tomorrow, oh darn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom