NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Family meal is at our house this year. Will have at least 3 generations here, maybe 4 if my 92 YO MIL feels up to coming.

Making fudge with my oldest this afternoon/evening. All of the females will be making holiday cookies on Friday.

It isn't about the food, it's just about the family being together.

Safe and happy holidays for everyone.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Happy Holiday everyone! 30 peoples coming to my humble abode tomorrow, including a bunch of little peoples. It's been a couple years since they all came to my house.

Biggest challenge was to clean up all the clutter in my level of the house. Gun projects, tools, guns, ammo, accessories, etc ... Took me all last weekend to clean up 2 years of accumulated clutter and make it mostly kid-friendly.

I'm never going to find things when I need them again, unless I spread it all out again and get really organized. Right now it's all in big plastic containers.

Oh well, it'll be good to break bread with the extended family again. One sister-in-law expressed concern that someone may not be vaxed! Told the wife to tell her to stay home if she's worried, I'm all out of ***** to give. She herself is vaxed, so my status really shouldn't be a concern, am I right?

Anyways, my best regards to you all,

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @CTC B4Z
    Can we make all these "kids" just post somewhere else about their turkeys, cookies, piez, etc! ;)

Asking for a friend...
    artworks-T60s0pJ6G3QUg8GS-XdJaww-t500x500.jpg

Cause jedi just wants this...
    b1128cab-203f-4c29-bb9f-6548662926c7

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Several years ago we were at my mom and dad's for Thanksgiving. We were watching tv and enjoying the family. We observed that the fellow across was having a big get together. They put a turkey in a deep fryer and the boys started drinking beer. After about 3 hours in the pot, they decided to check the progress of the turkey. The creature they pulled out of the deep fryer was as black as charcoal.
    My uncle told me 3.5 minutes per pound. Our turkey weighs 13 pounds. 45 mins in the fryer sounds right.

I sure feel sorry for that guy. Wouldn't be surprised if they had to order pizzas

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I was just getting the feel that it was today, based on a few posts.
    Not that it matters, I still go to work.
    You'll be busy with work, some of us have the luxury of being busy with family, jedi will be busy with cold, evil thoughts about snow and his racoon buddies.

You can tell that today is NOT Thanksgiving because the Bears are not losing a football game today.

I had some excellent holiday meals in the mill with co-workers. Also had some holidays where the poop hit the fan and worked like a dog.

Act, I hope your holiday is safe.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    This time next week I'll be getting ready for the first session of the USA Swimming U.S. Open. Four days of observing some of the fastest swimmers in the USA.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You'll be busy with work, some of us have the luxury of being busy with family, jedi will be busy with cold, evil thoughts about snow and his racoon buddies.

You can tell that today is NOT Thanksgiving because the Bears are not losing a football game today.

I had some excellent holiday meals in the mill with co-workers. Also had some holidays where the poop hit the fan and worked like a dog.

Act, I hope your holiday is safe.

That's my worry.
    Lotta deaths occur in the final days before retirement.

Couple days ago I was walking out, when a ladle being OB'd "reacted".
    Threw blobs of liquid steel.
    Got pretty close to me. And I was in a supposedly "safe" area.
    My least favorite way to die.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Happy Holiday everyone! 30 peoples coming to my humble abode tomorrow, including a bunch of little peoples. It's been a couple years since they all came to my house.

Biggest challenge was to clean up all the clutter in my level of the house. Gun projects, tools, guns, ammo, accessories, etc ... Took me all last weekend to clean up 2 years of accumulated clutter and make it mostly kid-friendly.

I'm never going to find things when I need them again, unless I spread it all out again and get really organized. Right now it's all in big plastic containers.

Oh well, it'll be good to break bread with the extended family again. One sister-in-law expressed concern that someone may not be vaxed! Told the wife to tell her to stay home if she's worried, I'm all out of ***** to give. She herself is vaxed, so my status really shouldn't be a concern, am I right?

Anyways, my best regards to you all,

Weird related story: Best friends fiancé brother is hosting dinner for their family tomorrow, he expects everyone attending to take an at home Covid test before coming tomorrow or they won’t be allowed in. Best friend has to work a double so it’s no concern for him (he’d happily tell the brother to f himself) but it seems the majority of the family is attending following his demand. I mean, his house, his rules but if you’re that concerned why would you host dinner, just stay home alone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom