NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I&M was reporting something like 80k, including up through MI, and Nispco has been saying over 60k customers. I'm guessing the real numbers are more like 1/4 million people without power if they all had accurate info compiled together.

The crazy part is that it really didn't seem like that bad of an ice storm. I've seen 10x worse with no trouble.

Anyhow.. Hour 33 of my power being down. Good times!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, NIPSCO used to keep the trees cleared from the lines, and replaced poles that looked in bad condition.

Then they got an "efficiency expert company" .
    Guess some of the recommendations..

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Well, NIPSCO used to keep the trees cleared from the lines, and replaced poles that looked in bad condition.

Then they got an "efficiency expert company" .
    Guess some of the recommendations..

Well, whatever they do, they'd better not ever put them underground.

I mean, I pay these bills every month so they can afford to hack and patch their infrastructure together with coat hangers and tree sap when the first storm of the year comes through, not for meaningful upgrades that will prevent the problems in the first place.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No loss of power in far west suburban Lowellabama

When did the complications start if he had so little symptoms when he was positive?
    He tested positive in March of 2020 and typical things like headache, fever, etc started early on. The fatigue also started during that time. It is common for people with fevers, coughs, etc to experience fatigue. But the fatigue increased pretty much from the early stages.

There are several known causes, all related to Covid where it affects heart and lung tissue. There was a study of top NCAA athletes who got Covid because a small % never regained their pre-covid abilities. Seems that about 10% of the Covid patients end up with some longer term disability that varies in severity from mildly winded to extreme fatigue.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No loss of power in far west suburban Lowellabama

He tested positive in March of 2020 and typical things like headache, fever, etc started early on. The fatigue also started during that time. It is common for people with fevers, coughs, etc to experience fatigue. But the fatigue increased pretty much from the early stages.

There are several known causes, all related to Covid where it affects heart and lung tissue. There was a study of top NCAA athletes who got Covid because a small % never regained their pre-covid abilities. Seems that about 10% of the Covid patients end up with some longer term disability that varies in severity from mildly winded to extreme fatigue.
    Add low sperm count to that long term effect as well borderline infertility.

As for NIPSCO well if you lived in thugland you would not have those power issues, just saying.

But ya got enough trees down south and are manly men. So ya can keep warm with your racoon furs and log burning stoves. :)

Stay safe cause the roads are a bloddy f.... mess!!

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Nipsco and ARC have arrived! Has not been too bad, but need to get that natural gas conversion kit installed, and that transfer switch.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    We went shooting in Three Oaks MI yesterday, and the range was without power a/o 5 eastern or so. We're back up here in Garydise though.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    U-haul is loaded. Tomorrow my daughter moves to Chiraq. I’m not a fan. But young does stupid. She is a corporate lawyer who works remotely. She could live anywhere. I don’t understand.
    Horrible timing but hopefully she'll be alright. The city is pretty much the wild west right now.

Make sure you tell her not to wander around and go with her gut. I was going to say at night but the criminals are robbing people during working hours these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom