NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was alright at algebra and whatnot but that crap they teach in chemistry for calculation of moles or whatever I couldn't wrap my head around

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    I was alright at algebra and whatnot but that crap they teach in chemistry for calculation of moles or whatever I couldn't wrap my head around
    Stoichiometry? That was actually one of my better topics lol

11fcb1a9863d73ce271ea8d1de7c3161.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I taught a lot of Algebra I. I tried to make it as relevant as possible by applying it to situations my students could relate to.

My problem with math is that the answers appear in my head from somewhere deep down in my subconscious, and I have no idea how to show the work.

My algebra teachers didn't like that.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My problem with math is that the answers appear in my head from somewhere deep down in my subconscious, and I have no idea how to show the work.

My algebra teachers didn't like that.
    Nothing wrong with intuitively getting an answer, but it's better to also be able to connect the answer you got to a process that will help you reach the correct answer consistently for more complex problems. If I can get you to recognize the process you followed rather than me teaching it to you, it sticks better because you created it yourself. (That's also the idea behind 'new math', but the concept was taken way too far, I believe.)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Who had the racoon traps?

I'm getting a new roof in a week or two, and I think there might be something that got up there.
    I don't want to get things fixed, and a animal gets trapped, or wants to come back.
    And I'm not sure I want to pay what Jedi said they cost.

I have one. I got it at Lowes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My first test in Algebra 1 I got every answer correct and got an F because I had cheated. When I asked the teacher who near me in class got 100% he answered truthfully that no one had and said I could have gotten the correct answers from different people.

I hated school from the first time I had the **** beat out of me by a Nun in my repeat 1st grade until I quit HS to join the Army. The army gave me a GED test and I got a very high grade. I CLEPed out 30 credits before I was 19.

I score very high on tests but cannot stand sitting in a class after I have read the text and the teacher adds nothing to it.

I for one never had "THAT" teacher that people talk about. The closest thing I ever had is Mrs. Robinowitz, my HS Guidance Councillor, who, after a year of attempting to help me reach my potential, she told me that I would probably do better in a job than school.

Not long after that I dropped out,Joined the Army and had an exemplary eight years. I got out the day I got married and soon after got in construction. I spent 32 years as a carpenter and was considered one of the best in NWI, by many.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    You just described what I should have done. Hats off on navigating the system :)

My first test in Algebra 1 I got every answer correct and got an F because I had cheated. When I asked the teacher who near me in class got 100% he answered truthfully that no one had and said I could have gotten the correct answers from different people.

I hated school from the first time I had the **** beat out of me by a Nun in my repeat 1st grade until I quit HS to join the Army. The army gave me a GED test and I got a very high grade. I CLEPed out 30 credits before I was 19.

I score very high on tests but cannot stand sitting in a class after I have read the text and the teacher adds nothing to it.

I for one never had "THAT" teacher that people talk about. The closest thing I ever had is Mrs. Robinowitz, my HS Guidance Councillor, who, after a year of attempting to help me reach my potential, she told me that I would probably do better in a job than school.

Not long after that I dropped out,Joined the Army and had an exemplary eight years. I got out the day I got married and soon after got in construction. I spent 32 years as a carpenter and was considered one of the best in NWI, by many.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My question is how long will Lowe's make curbsidepickups of the raccoons and what do they dowiththem after they pick them up?

Also, will they do cats?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom