NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Has anyone decided to carry alot heavier than usual lately?

I've carried my S&W 460V because a slide is still difficult with my messed up hand and I don't own another DA revolver. Lol I'm "down" loading it with .454s. I need to get some .45 Colt though because .454 Casull will almost definitely probably over penetrate even with the HPs or gas checked lead.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    They pretty much did MRI's on my whole body after the accident but they had me so loaded up on opiates I only remember them putting me in and then I must have passed out for the whole thing.

My orthos had follow-ups done on two sections of my spine and one of my shoulders a few weeks ago. I'm glad I was doped up up in the hospital because the hospital had a traditional tube type and the follow-up was on a quote "open MRI". Even that was a bit uncomfortable and I wouldn't say I'm claustrophobic at all, and those took like an hour, maybe hour and a half total inside the machine. Can't imagine what a full body took.

Yeah, they suck. Had one on my L-spine. As they put me in the tube, my shoulders wouldn't fit, so I had to go in with my arms above my head like I was diving. That had my head raised enough that I could have almost licked the tube.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    tired.jpg

And last.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Holy ****.

Math was my worst subject. All 4 years to pass algebra 1.

Good thing I no need much math besides counting bennies

I taught a lot of Algebra I. I tried to make it as relevant as possible by applying it to situations my students could relate to.

Last edited:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I'm a former HS math teacher. Was not in the classroom long though. Tapped out pretty quick. Love community colleges tho -- best professor I ever had was in a history class at Oakton when I was backfilling some content classes (I had a social studies cert as well.)

29 years is a long time teaching, hats off to you.

Holy ****.

Math was my worst subject. All 4 years to pass algebra 1.

Good thing I no need much math besides counting bennies

I was and my mom was. I taught math at Gary Ivy Tech (community college) for 29 years and at IU Northwest for 10 years, and my mom taught first grade for 30+ years, so I saw the same thing on both ends of the spectrum.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't think I could have done high school. I love teaching, but I hate dealing with kids and helicopter parents and standardized testing and administrative red tape. I'm actually licensed for middle school math and English, but I liked the remedial and freshman college levels much better because all I had to do was walk in and teach. The higher-level professors looked down on the remedial professors like we were stupid, but they did not know what we were dealing with. We had to take students were often functioning at the 4th-5th grade level and get them college ready in one or two semesters. We had to dig a lot deeper than the ones at the higher levels who received their students all ready to learn.

I miss it. I was offered "voluntary" early retirement at 51 in 2014. Didn't really get much out of the deal except a small lump sum and the ability to keep my medical/dental insurance until I'm 65 (which is actually huge). The ones who didn't take the deal then were gone by 2016 anyway and they got nothing.

Last edited:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I had one semester where I was teaching remedial math for super seniors, kids were 18-20 at the same time I was teaching an AP calc class. This is all with asterisks because I was in one of the rougher schools in CPS, so the AP calc kids weren't really ready for that content. I'll say that in general the remedial class students worked harder and cared more than the calc kids. They all knew they needed this for graduation, and I was able to wrap everything in core probability and stats which they'd never been exposed to prior so we focused on stuff that was a little more relevant.

Now I make computers do lots and lots of arithmetic really fast and get to work in my boxers : /

I don't think I could have done high school. I love teaching, but I hate dealing with kids and helicopter parents and standardized testing and administrative red tape. I'm actually licensed for middle school math and English, but I liked the remedial and freshman college levels much better because all I had to do was walk in and teach. The higher-level professors looked down on the remedial professors like we were stupid, but they did not know what we were dealing with. We had to take students were often functioning at the 4th-5th grade level and get them college ready in one or two semesters. We had to dig a lot deeper than the ones at the higher levels who received their students all ready to learn.

I miss it. I was offered "voluntary" early retirement at 51 in 2014. Didn't really get much out of the deal except six months pay and medical/dental insurance until I'm 65 (which is actually huge). The ones who didn't take the deal then were gone by 2016 anyway and they got nothing.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had one semester where I was teaching remedial math for super seniors, kids were 18-20 at the same time I was teaching an AP calc class. This is all with asterisks because I was in one of the rougher schools in CPS, so the AP calc kids weren't really ready for that content. I'll say that in general the remedial class students worked harder and cared more than the calc kids. They all knew they needed this for graduation, and I was able to wrap everything in core probability and stats which they'd never been exposed to prior so we focused on stuff that was a little more relevant.

Now I make computers do lots and lots of arithmetic really fast and get to work in my boxers : /
    Sounds like a sweet deal. Where do I sign up? LOL

I took a few clerical jobs in health care to pay the bills, but I haven't worked since February 2019. Between my own health issues and caring for my 87-yr-old mom, it was time for me to stay home.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Who had the racoon traps?

I'm getting a new roof in a week or two, and I think there might be something that got up there.
    I don't want to get things fixed, and a animal gets trapped, or wants to come back.
    And I'm not sure I want to pay what Jedi said they cost.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

TMI. Glad there are no pictures involved in this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom