• Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I had a package leave the Indy annex on Tuesday night, was supposed to be here Wednesday. Somehow it got delayed and now it's at some Post Office in Valpo for some reason, so I'm probably not getting it today either. Every time there's a delay it's always when it leaves Indy.

I'm thinking about calling and seeing if I can find out which Valpo post office it's at and seeing if I can just go there to pick it up but that's probably a waste of time

we have that trouble with amazon's delivery drivers, if it goes to Gary, its always delayed, damaged or somehow undeliverable, almost every time. if i send it to work it goes thru valpo, never one single problem. the gary hub drivers are a joke.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Since Amazon went to their own trucks and drivers I have had no issues with delivery from them. I actually get my stuff earlier in the day than I did when they had USPS doing the last leg of deliveries. One thing I did was put a description of my house in my shipping instructions on Amazon.

OTOH, I hate when vendors use the UPS to USPS for final delivery method. My last package I got this way was dropped off at the main Gary post office and then taken for a side trip by USPS to Schererville. I have a Gary mailing address and the package was addressed properly. So how did the post office send it to Schererville first?

We are lucky here in NW Indiana with a UPS hub in Hammond. If you need to get something to someone fast ship it from there. It eliminates a step, because that's the first place it goes (usually) from any of the UPS drop off points.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I haven't had any problems.with the Amazon delivery trucks. This wasn't an Amazon package though. It's a collapsible brace/stock adapter for my B&T. It came from North Carolina to Indy in a day, and if it's delivered today, that makes 3 days from Indy to my door. There's something backwards about that and since they have a pattern of ****ing up from Indy to Gary, I can only assume they mostly hire morons at the USPS in Indiana

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    images

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom