Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Jedi is gonna pass on this one.
    The reviews are not good for this item and a trusted sources said...

They are good trainers but dont depend on them for the real event.

Please link the reviews you seen for this specific one? I didn't see any on the Recon medical that were bad. All the reviews that were negative that I seen were comparing fake/Chinese knockoff CATs

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Please post the reviews other TQ companies put up.

Never mind just get them yourself.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...iveASIN=B07MS7BKJY&linkCode=as2&tag=jdteta-20

Look at the bottom where the reviews start. The ones with the pics of people who bought that item from amazon.

That's the bad thing about Amazon reviews. It links all reviews from different sellers to a like item.
    The link Tom posted the seller is the actual company.
    The guy in the review I believe your linking to, the cop, pretty much says he got a fake, which leads me to believe he bought a fake from a seller other the Recon Medical?

The other review stating it broke after 4 uses, I'm not sure my take on that. He was using it as a trainer. Was it being used properly? Did he get a fake as well from a different seller other than recon medical?

Idk but I'm more than likely, if I ever need to use one, am going to throw it out after its use

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Correct the cop got a fake.
    The other guy no idea what type he got (from THIS compnay or a fake).

What I am saying is RECON MEDICAL does make a CAT like product which amazon sells. Their product is not a certified approved DOD CAT device. The certified ones cost about $30 per unit.

I have one of those. Will this one in the Amazon link work. Probably as it's better then not having anything. Use it more a a training tool vs for the real emergency.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Correct the cop got a fake.
    The other guy no idea what type he got (from THIS compnay or a fake).

What I am saying is RECON MEDICAL does make a CAT like product which amazon sells. Their product is not a certified approved DOD CAT device. The certified ones cost about $30 per unit.

I have one of those. Will this one in the Amazon link work. Probably as it's better then not having anything. Use it more a a training tool vs for the real emergency.

I dont disagree with you. My bags in each vehicle as well as my range bag all have genuine CATs in them. I'm willing to try out a new product, and the price is nice. I'll use 1 as a trainer/test tourniquet and keep the other for backup. I'd the trainer holds up well, maybe order a few more for future use

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is a company on the same page that sells look alikes for 89.99. They are cheap trash.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    There is a company on the same page that sells look alikes for 89.99. They are cheap trash.

Heck to put worrying about fakes to rest it looked like if you go directly to recon medical's website they have the same price on the 10 pack deal. Believe it was free shipping as well

EDIT. Their website links to them on Amazon

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate cats! SOFT-W is the best.

I will order a Recon Medical Blue and do a review on it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Act and I went to one of the meeting rooms for a Stop the Bleed class.

Anyone interested in a group buy for tournaquets? Amazon has a deal 10 Recon Medical for $119.99. They are American made with an aircraft aluminum windlas. Here is rhe link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MS7BKJ...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

ETA they also have an affordable sealed kit for throwing in a pack or car.

https://www.amazon.com/Recon-Medica...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

If a group buy comes together I'll take two.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I only bought one blue one to test and hopefully use as a trainer afterward.

If anyone wants to buy them before my review, there is an option for 4 for 11.99 each.

I have been looking at this brand for some time as a less expensive alternative to CAT and SOF TQ's

The one I bought is 16.99, the regular price. I saw the 10 for 119.99 and thought it would save some people, who, like me are poor and or cheap.

When jedi brought up bad reviews it gave me pause. So I will check it out and report back.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I only bought one blue one to test and hopefully use as a trainer afterward.

If anyone wants to buy them before my review, there is an option for 4 for 11.99 each.

I have been looking at this brand for some time as a less expensive alternative to CAT and SOF TQ's

The one I bought is 16.99, the regular price. I saw the 10 for 119.99 and thought it would save some people, who, like me are poor and or cheap.

When jedi brought up bad reviews it gave me pause. So I will check it out and report back.

Sounds good. Give is the report and let us know what you think of them.
    If all goes well I believe there will be enough interest in a group buy for sure

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom