Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'll pass. Wait an hour before they open. No Thanks. No penalties if it's late do to the BS thru June. Wife doesn't need to go anywhere anyway.....all she does when she leaves the house is spend what could be gun money :whistle:

Well she likes things other than guns, maybe food, clothes &t.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Well she likes things other than guns, maybe food, clothes &t.

Nah. She spends money this time a year on plants. That's why I put up a greenhouse for her for Mothers Day. She loves her plants. I do the grocery shopping since I do all the cooking. If she wants something for food all she has to do is put it on my grocery list. Clothes, meh, we only buy clothes when something is so worn out it has to be replaced. The daughter on the other hand gets new clothes yearly, but that's only because she's growing

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    She is a truck person not a car person. She likes to sit up high. You couldn't pay me to own a foreign car.

Now if Ford would use the Cummins diesel in their trucks I would probably already have one, but with all the emissions crap they're putting on these diesel motors now, they've become less reliable. I know their is plenty of EGR deletes out their for them, but just more cost involved.

I wouldn't mind a diesel truck myself, but the cost of New just isn't worth it to me. Even older used ones the cost far outweighs the value in my opinion and they're already over half used up and rotted away
    If you use your truck as a truck, it is well worth it. Our 2006 Dodge 2500 is hardly even broken in with the 85K miles on it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Nah. She spends money this time a year on plants. That's why I put up a greenhouse for her for Mothers Day. She loves her plants. I do the grocery shopping since I do all the cooking. If she wants something for food all she has to do is put it on my grocery list. Clothes, meh, we only buy clothes when something is so worn out it has to be replaced. The daughter on the other hand gets new clothes yearly, but that's only because she's growing

In a couple of years she will want you to buy her clothes that are ready to be thrown away.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Or if you drive a lot of miles then diesel is worth it

The wife hasn't put but 6k miles on her Expedition in 6 years. She literally doesnt go hardly anywhere. Longest trip it's been on is Indy and back, and that was me using it to go to a funeral. South Bend and back a few times a year, and I have to drive.
    She won't drive highway. Spending a ton of money on a vehicle for her isn't worth, plus she loves her Expedition. Besides it just emissions that on any normal year takes about 5 minutes of my time

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That was another massive downpour in 30 minutes. Showing a little over a 1 1/2" in the rain gauge.
    At least the hail and extreme high winds stayed North of us.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Or if you drive a lot of miles then diesel is worth it
    Id love to see a cost comparison over any length of time to support that for a diesel pickup. IMO the only way a diesel can be justified in a pickup is if you want a diesel and don't mind the cost, if you are driving hundreds of thousands a mile a year loaded to near max towing GVW or towing heavy at altitude and in mountains.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Didnt get around to getting the pool up today so was going to do it tomorrow. That might be off now as it's going to be a muddy mess for awhile now.
    More rain coming in 30 minutes too

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Id love to see a cost comparison over any length of time to support that for a diesel pickup. IMO the only way a diesel can be justified in a pickup is if you want a diesel and don't mind the cost, if you are driving hundreds of thousands a mile a year loaded to near max towing GVW or towing heavy at altitude and in mountains.
    Never owned a diesel pickup.

But with cars you get significantly better performance and better fuel economy. A 2 liter diesel will out perform most 3 liter gas engines and turn in better fuel economy than a 2 liter gas. A 3 liter diesel will outperform a 4 liter gas, and do a reasonable job of performing against a 5 liter gas engine. In fact my 3 liter diesel Audi 4 door grandpa sedan will run right along side a 5.0 Mustang.

So if you want to make a comparison, compare fun to drive, high performance along with fuel economy. The most direct fuel economy you can run is that a diesel will give you 30% more mpg than a gas engine, so when you make a cost per gallon comparison you save a bit of $$$ if the cost of gas is greater than 30% cheaper than the cost of diesel. I buy my diesel in Illinois because its 30-cents a gallon cheaper than diesel in Indiana.

I love the diesel. They break very often. Cost lots of money.

Not my experience. I had a bunch of Cat 31xx series diesel trucks. Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles on those.

My diesel cars are pushing 120K and 150k respectively and no engine issues. I may be buried in one of them, they may outlast me.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    20200523-185300.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Guess this one's in Munster. Make me think of Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation for some unknown reason

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Munster is having all sort of issues due to the work they started on 45th and calumet. They were doing sewer work due to all the development they did south of 45th and it looks like that sewer work did not go as planned.

Stupid munster!!!

You dont build new development in your natural swapish land that retains your rain water. Idiots!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom