• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It's the wifes vehicle due this year. She cant stand diesels, so I know I couldn't talk her into one.
    Should just plate them using one of my daughters addresses, then I wouldn't have to worry about it

My Audi A6 is a diesel, other than great performance and extreme fuel economy, what would she not like about it?
    My VW Jetta is a diesel, granted a bit small for a family, and it does "sound like a diesel", but it is a fast little car that has runs with the best.

I don't understand your wife's objections.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    CP is down to very short lines. I did 2 cars last week and the emissions part took less than 10 miinutes each. Getting plates added another 10 minutes. It is about the same as pre virus

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    99292705_10157634366932428_6420167038760648704_n.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My Audi A6 is a diesel, other than great performance and extreme fuel economy, what would she not like about it?
    My VW Jetta is a diesel, granted a bit small for a family, and it does "sound like a diesel", but it is a fast little car that has runs with the best.

I don't understand your wife's objections.

She is a truck person not a car person. She likes to sit up high. You couldn't pay me to own a foreign car.

Now if Ford would use the Cummins diesel in their trucks I would probably already have one, but with all the emissions crap they're putting on these diesel motors now, they've become less reliable. I know their is plenty of EGR deletes out their for them, but just more cost involved.

I wouldn't mind a diesel truck myself, but the cost of New just isn't worth it to me. Even older used ones the cost far outweighs the value in my opinion and they're already over half used up and rotted away

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Yeah, I put in some more garden yesterday afternoon, and spread some grass seed today in an area the dogs have worn down. Hope it wasn't all for naught.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why would you pay the extra $10 to do plates there when you can do them online for free?

Convienece some folks are willing to pay for.
    Jedi never understood it until recently.
    No jedi has not paid for plates there but the aldi shopping carts come to mind pre-c-virus.

Jedi is willing to forgo the $.25 to NOT return that stupid shopping cart. Not worth jedi time to return it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Convienece some folks are willing to pay for.
    Jedi never understood it until recently.
    No jedi has not paid for plates there but the aldi shopping carts come to mind pre-c-virus.

Jedi is willing to forgo the $.25 to NOT return that stupid shopping cart. Not worth jedi time to return it.
    It's worth returning the cart even if it's just to make sure I have my quarter for next time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Why would you pay the extra $10 to do plates there when you can do them online for free?

We usually always mail our payments in but we haven't received the packet from the BMV this year and it's not looking like were going to. Plates are due June 21st and we've always had them done in middle of May

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nope. Jedi is willing to give them that .25 cent.
    It's that same concept for some willing to pay $10 to get the plate right there at the test site vs having to do it online, wait, etc... same concept different levels of cost.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We usually always mail our payments in but we haven't received the packet from the BMV this year and it's not looking like were going to. Plates are due June 21st and we've always had them done in middle of May

You dont need the packet.
    Log onto your dmv account your cars will be listed and you can select which ones to plate.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You dont need the packet.
    Log onto your dmv account your cars will be listed and you can select which ones to plate.

That's probably what we'll do but still got the pesky emissions crap to deal with yet. Not driving all the way to CP to do it and definitely not going to Gary. Have to wait for Portage to open and give it another week after that before I take it.
    They should've just exempted this for the months of the shutdown. Not like they make any money off it anyway

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Griffith emmission is open.
    Go 1hr before they open and wait its fast.

State DOES NOT have ability to exempt it's a federal law jedi thinks

I'll pass. Wait an hour before they open. No Thanks. No penalties if it's late do to the BS thru June. Wife doesn't need to go anywhere anyway.....all she does when she leaves the house is spend what could be gun money :whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom