• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I went to Menards, Griffith, yesterday, they stopped me at the door and said I had to wear a mask. I have been in there 5 or 6 times in the last few weeks and not worn a mask. They have been doing this in Illinois for a while, I thought they had more sense in Indiana.

I wrote an e mail to corporate a while ago.

I was in Menards the day before the mask incident and there was a couple in there with an 8 year old boy and a 6 year old girl.

This is what I emailed to them and their response.

I have been to the Griffith Indiana store a half dozen times during this PANIC. I have not worn a mask on any visit. Yesterday I attempted to enter the store and was told I could not enter without a mask.
    I believe it ic curious, if not rediculous that as the restrictions are being rolled back in Indiana you are making you making yours more stringent.
    Your business, your rules. I will honor your rules by not entering your store. After all Home Depot is only a mile farther away.
    I will check back in six months or so to see if you want my business.

Thank you Tom

Tom

I am very sorry we let you down. We need and appreciate your business. I appreciate the heads up on this and we will get on it at once.

Thank you,
    Ray

I don't know what that means.

Lol@ thinking you'd get anything other than a robot response from a corpo... Lololol.

Once again, all these places you refuse to do business at wouldn't even bat an eye at your lost business.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I almost posted something about that BS.

Think of all the folks, in the BS threads, that are chomping at the bit to learn more about it, that you are depriving.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anyone else's assessment increase ridiculously? Mine went up $52,500!

My property tax went from $1100 something to $1400 something this year. :wallbash:
    My past property, when it went up alot, I told the wife that the assessment value of the house shouldn't be so high as to want to sell it to the State for that amount if they think it's worth so much. :dunno:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    10 hour later the greenhouse is up. Tomorrow, if my back and knees will let me, I will do some structural reinforcement and benches inside.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My property tax went from $1100 something to $1400 something this year. :wallbash:
    My past property, when it went up alot, I told the wife that the assessment value of the house shouldn't be so high as to want to sell it to the State for that amount if they think it's worth so much. :dunno:

After lots of contacts talking, 6 sections of PoCo were hit the hardest (mine being one). Everyone is filing the appeal I talked to.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Emmission should of never closed. It's all drive by now a days. Stupid really. So sick of all this. Ya should of funded my death star a long time ago!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I dunno. My garage sits on its own lot with a swimming pool, next to the lot where I parked my house. I pay more than that in taxes for my garage.

The chart said the DMV will be open at 50% May fourth and would think the emissions site should be also.

I'm unclear why they closed? Seems to me that tax collecting from the sheep is an essential gubmint service.

Emmission should of never closed. It's all drive by now a days. Stupid really. So sick of all this. Ya should of funded my death star a long time ago!

More correctly, there should be no emission testing. PERIOD. We are one of the only areas of the state to get this special service from our gubmint. I'm willing to give it up. They can give me back the % of my taxes that perform this extra service for NWI.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I was in Menards the day before the mask incident and there was a couple in there with an 8 year old boy and a 6 year old girl.

This is what I emailed to them and their response.

I have been to the Griffith Indiana store a half dozen times during this PANIC. I have not worn a mask on any visit. Yesterday I attempted to enter the store and was told I could not enter without a mask.
    I believe it ic curious, if not rediculous that as the restrictions are being rolled back in Indiana you are making you making yours more stringent.
    Your business, your rules. I will honor your rules by not entering your store. After all Home Depot is only a mile farther away.
    I will check back in six months or so to see if you want my business.

Thank you Tom

Tom

I am very sorry we let you down. We need and appreciate your business. I appreciate the heads up on this and we will get on it at once.

Thank you,
    Ray

I don't know what that means.

Menards in Indy are doing the mask thing, so I'm guessing their security team will be reviewing video for the kids you mentioned so they can schedule a meeting.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They bring that up almost every year, but it never goes any where. I do agree that the testing should not be.

As for the kids in the store, they have all of these 8x10 sheets of paper posted at the door which I normally ignore in case one says I cannot carry.

The Menards link I posted shows that they do occasionally act on customer input.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom