d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Apparently Costco is now requiring face masks to shop. Glad I'm stocked up and dont need to get dog food or anything else for that matter. Stick with just getting my cheap gas there for now

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    sunday we were out in Schererville/highland, Blvd was packed, Home Depot had a line 50 people long to get in (menards suggests social distancing but doesn’t limit people inside btw) meijer, walhell, etc all PACKED. Come Monday morning driving to work, roads empty, 65/94 empty. I figure all the non essentials out spending their stimulus checks and heavily padded unemployment $$$ all weekend then hunkering down yelling at the governed to extend the stay at home order, i.e. “free money”

That's crazy. Furlough Fridays had me at home depot st 9am and it was dead. It was the best shopping experience I ever had. Lol

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Are they handing them out?

Oh your one of those guys.... "they're Gunna make me Warez it buts they ain't Gunna gives me ones!"

Its called make your own, there are videos out there that show you how to make one even with a shirt.... The guy can't blow out a birthday candle it's so well insulated when he's done.

They have no duty to give you one... Lmao...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have no duty to give them my money. I will politely let the attendant that I realize they are not responsible for their employer's stupid policies. I'll read their name tag and personally wish them a great day, as I turn and walk away.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh your one of those guys.... "they're Gunna make me Warez it buts they ain't Gunna gives me ones!"

Its called make your own, there are videos out there that show you how to make one even with a shirt.... The guy can't blow out a birthday candle it's so well insulated when he's done.

They have no duty to give you one... Lmao...
    Wrong as usual. I'm one of those guys that thinks it is stupid to wear one in the first place, therefore I won't have one.

And who said anything about a duty to give me one? I asked if they were since they were requiring them for people to enter their stores. I can guarantee you that most people will not know about the policy before they get to the store.

You should try not jumping to conclusions so much.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Question for our local law folks.

The indiana no shoes, no shirt, no service sign.
    Is this based on some law?
    Growing up I would see the sign more often then now especially at McD and BK. Figured it had to do with hygiene/health in a public space. Ie. Not wanting to sit on a chair that someone was sitting/standing on barefooted, etc. Y

I ask that because I wonder if the costco mask new policy falls under that similar sign? Can costco really do that?

Or do both of these signs like the no firearm sign all end up with the trespassing law being the one you end up in trouble for.

I know fancy restaurants in chicago that REQUIRE men to wear a jacket. If they dont have one, the resturant has a loaner. Is that also the same thing?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Question for our local law folks.

The indiana no shoes, no shirt, no service sign.
    Is this based on some law?
    Growing up I would see the sign more often then now especially at McD and BK. Figured it had to do with hygiene/health in a public space. Ie. Not wanting to sit on a chair that someone was sitting/standing on barefooted, etc. Y

I ask that because I wonder if the costco mask new policy falls under that similar sign? Can costco really do that?

Or do both of these signs like the no firearm sign all end up with the trespassing law being the one you end up in trouble for.

I know fancy restaurants in chicago that REQUIRE men to wear a jacket. If they dont have one, the resturant has a loaner. Is that also the same thing?

Costco can make people wear a mask as a condition for entering their store and there need be no regulation to support it. It's their store.

As for no shirt, no shoes...may be in a county health code somewhere, but likely is a store rule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom