• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    RR police have all powers of any sworn officer, plus jurisdiction in any state in the country. Literally more power than any local officer. That being said, they don’t get paid to go to court like regular officers so they will RARELY write a civilian ticket.

So basically a RR cop pulling someone over off RR property is the ultimate power trip. Cops never power trip!

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Traffic was pretty heavy (normal pre-shutdown traffic) heading out of Valpo today. Nice day and people are getting fed up with the shutdown.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Traffic was pretty heavy (normal pre-shutdown traffic) heading out of Valpo today. Nice day and people are getting fed up with the shutdown.
    sunday we were out in Schererville/highland, Blvd was packed, Home Depot had a line 50 people long to get in (menards suggests social distancing but doesn’t limit people inside btw) meijer, walhell, etc all PACKED. Come Monday morning driving to work, roads empty, 65/94 empty. I figure all the non essentials out spending their stimulus checks and heavily padded unemployment $$$ all weekend then hunkering down yelling at the governed to extend the stay at home order, i.e. “free money”

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    sunday we were out in Schererville/highland, Blvd was packed, Home Depot had a line 50 people long to get in (menards suggests social distancing but doesn’t limit people inside btw) meijer, walhell, etc all PACKED. Come Monday morning driving to work, roads empty, 65/94 empty. I figure all the non essentials out spending their stimulus checks and heavily padded unemployment $$$ all weekend then hunkering down yelling at the governed to extend the stay at home order, i.e. “free money”

Seems about right for the suburbs/urban areas.

Rode the bikes out in rural areas on Sunday because it was too nice not to. Went through Beecher and the old downtown looked grim, totally closed, not a single business open. Buddy's Drive Thru was hopping with business, long drive through line and some people out front at the walk up windows.

Only place I've been inside was Leo & Son's Garden Center to buy 2 truckloads of mulch, I was the only one wearing a mask (I'm immunocompromised), it was business as usual in the the store. People walking around talking and zero social distancing. Pulled through the drive thru at CVS and everyone inside the pharmacy area was wearing masks but the parking lot had plenty of cars, could not tell if there was any social distancing inside the store, etc.

I don't get the gubmint money but if I got it I'd be out buy a tiger cub, meth and some boy hookers ... because of that damn Carol Baskin.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    thought you were working from home
    Only certain days. I still have to work from the office at least 2 days a week. Had to do another because had to use a specialized computer and it's only available on a day I usually get to work from home. Not complaining, explaining. It's actually way easier to work at work but working from home has way better commute times.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Only certain days. I still have to work from the office at least 2 days a week. Had to do another because had to use a specialized computer and it's only available on a day I usually get to work from home. Not complaining, explaining. It's actually way easier to work at work but working from home has way better commute times.

Dress code is also less stringent, PAJAMA BOY.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom