jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is this thread open to a hillbilly from Newton county:n00b:

Welcome!! Your semi-new to the nwi ingo forums.
    We have the following categories.

Live north of us-30 but west of i65 = thug
    Live south of us-30 = redneck
    Live north of us-30 but west of i65 in lake county = wierdo
    Live in porter county = 1/2 sibling. Mama said we have to talk to you cause we have the same daddy but she no want to see you 'round da house.
    Live in "la porter country" aka laporte county = :rolleyes: redneck cousin
    Live in newton/jasper county = we dont know u unless u vote early, often, and D.

Everyone else is NOT a real hoosier!

Once this c-virus stuff is over and we do a meet & eat or meet & shoot you will get your jedi hug. :p

Welcome to da region!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just a PSA

Hit Meijer in Portage today. Some of the shelves are still pretty wiped out. Still no TP or wipes. Cleaning supplies very thin as well. Canned soups are extremely thin as well as some brands of canned veggies. Milk was a little thin as well.
    Virtually no Pork other than ham and bacon. They had a few packs of spare ribs and bone in chops but that was all. No baby back ribs, butts, shoulders, roasts, boneless chops, etc.
    Fruit still well stocked except Strawberries. At least my strawberry patch is starting to take off now, so wont have to worry about those for awhile.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Off course no pork.
    We posted last week that the pork processing plants are down/closed due to c-virus.

Sister is at aldi/walmart in hammond today.
    She reports no TP at aldi, no pork products, limit 2 on rice bags and milk. Canned good ok. Fruits/veggie ok.
    That is at aldi.

She is hitting walmart next.
    :facepalm:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Went to Fresh Country Market on Grant in Gary yesterday.

They have quality paper towells, tp, wipes and cleaning supplies. Got bonless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.00 #. 4 per 5.5 # looked like turkey breasts.
    Got Scott tissue 12 for $12.99, a little more expensive than BCVP (before corona virus PANIC) but, the first Scott I have seen.

The store almost looks pre PANIC.

ETA lots of pork, a tad higher but not outrageous.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Off course no pork.
    We posted last week that the pork processing plants are down/closed due to c-virus.

Sister is at aldi/walmart in hammond today.
    She reports no TP at aldi, no pork products, limit 2 on rice bags and milk. Canned good ok. Fruits/veggie ok.
    That is at aldi.

She is hitting walmart next.
    :facepalm:

I think a lot will depend on where stores get there pork from. I'm betting Meijer branded pork was Smithfield repackaged. Last time I was in Stracks In Hobart they had plenty of pork products. Possibly they get from a different processor. I have noticed that Stracks has seemed to hold up better with stock than Meijer for some reason

Didnt need any but just thought I'd give a heads up to those that might need. I knew this was coming as I had posted about Smithfield and Tyson both shutting down production in the Kung Flu thread previously

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, d.k, thanks for keeping us informed. I tried following the panic thread, but too much blather.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Gordon's seems to be gouging. 10# ground beef pre panic $1.99# post panic before packing plant shut downs $2.99#.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Stracks in Highland seemed to be okay. Cleaning isle was a bit light. But I did manage to snag a package of Charmin Friday. And it was around 3 or 4 pm, so it's not because they just opened.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    PoCo has a good supply of everything but paper products. The paper towel rush seems to be over. I've seen TP mid-days at Meijer and big box stores like Menards too. Last time a week ago at the zoo, I mean Costco, TP cases were limit 1 per customer. The water rush seems to be over too as folks realize they have faucets in their house.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Afternoon all. Busy day, part work, part play.

Walmart in Valpo was good on pork and chicken last night. Not so much on affordable beef. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Not bad on dairy. Non existent on the whole social distancing protocol.

Most customers acted like they were at a Sunday social! I hate going in there, but haven't stocked up on fresh supplies in a couple of weeks. Since I work up there, its more convenient to shop up there.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You would think they would lift the limits on buying milk since many farms are having to kill cattle and dump milk since schools and other high useage places are closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom