Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    On a good note, my case of ammo arrived at 12:50. Actually amazed on a Friday too. Typically it's later.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    url
    Karen

15264009929665.jpg

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    All in place, and it's a beautiful thing.

A mostly full freezer works much more efficiently than a mostly empty freezer. here is a trick I learned a long time ago. take empty milk jugs fill them up with water, and let them freeze in the freezer. keep the milk jugs there in place of frozen food. As you begin to get enough frozen food to fill it up begin pulling the jugs out. it will make sure that your freezer works in the best possible way from the start.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh snap has a boatload of meat coming for that freezer so I doubt she needs that trick.

In the c-virus thread info came out of the upcoming meat shortage due to several of the large usa meat processing plants now closed. Pork will be affected first and not just fresh pork but all pork products, frozen meals, etc...

So if u have not stocked up do so before they put limits.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Got an order for a 1/4 beef at a local meat packer for just this reason. Once that's in, will look at 1/2 hog if there's room. I know several people who raise hogs so availability won't be an issue but I'd like to get it in before the price jumps too much.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    A mostly full freezer works much more efficiently than a mostly empty freezer. here is a trick I learned a long time ago. take empty milk jugs fill them up with water, and let them freeze in the freezer. keep the milk jugs there in place of frozen food. As you begin to get enough frozen food to fill it up begin pulling the jugs out. it will make sure that your freezer works in the best possible way from the start.
    Thanks. This one will be full soon enough. The one in the garage is jammed full. We're going shopping tomorrow to pick up more meat and frozen vegetables.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom