Not open for further replies.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Do you drive around the truck with the trailer that works on the line(s) pulled in the trailer?

Those are guys working on fiber cables....the trailer, and a few box style trucks, are set up for splicing fiber. You’ve probably seen them up and down 30 and out by the mall area lately....they’re working on a fiber build for that area...

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I work across the street at D&L. Laid off for now till called back.

I saw that you got laid off earlier....that sucks! I’ll pass it on if I hear of anything as far as hiring anywhere....

If things get tight, funds or otherwise, please let this local group know. I don’t think any of us are rolling in dough here but a little help from a bunch of places can get you by...

Hoping this is a short lived ****-show for everyone......

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I saw that you got laid off earlier....that sucks! I’ll pass it on if I hear of anything as far as hiring anywhere....

If things get tight, funds or otherwise, please let this local group know. I don’t think any of us are rolling in dough here but a little help from a bunch of places can get you by...

Hoping this is a short lived ****-show for everyone......
    Thanks. Everything is good so far. Great to know there is help if members of the group need it. :bowdown:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've got lots of friends who are ER nurses, and they are not being issued sufficient PPE. They have been told to wear a bandana or a scarf around their mouths.

Maybe next time the pencil pushers start talking about how "stock on the shelf is wasted money", someone will punch the pencil pusher.
    Every hospital should have had stocks of certain items.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I posted about this in the Virus thread:

We had a young person come into my shop today, fresh off the beach from spring break, who was sicker than ****. He had no concerns about any of this virus stuff, and was pissed his precious spring break was interrupted. My wife sent a fax for him, then promptly disinfected the whole lobby .... again. I didn't find out about it until after he was gone; probably a good thing, as I might not have been nice to him, being he was obviously sick. SMH, and tempted to close down even before it becomes mandatory.

Yes. Many of us would have been "less than cordial".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My Godson's parents called. They need some ammo. Can't find any in the stores.

Shopping list includes 22Short and 30-30 in addition to 12ga.

I'm selling them 3 boxes of 12ga quail/rabbit shot. It won't penetrate walls so they won't accidentally kill each other.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I'm selling them 3 boxes of 12ga quail/rabbit shot. It won't penetrate walls so they won't accidentally kill each other.

Interesting choice, the 22 Short. I wonder if they're starting to look at those 'cute' backyard squirrels as a potential food source, when the **** really hits the fan? I have been told that a Browning SA22 in short only, with a glossy Leupold VX2 3-9 AO scope, makes a great neighborhood squirrel sniping rig, when said squirrels are chomping on your wood deck. Very quiet too ... or so I was told.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My brother stopped by, said he was at Blythes in Valpo, maybe 25 guns left on the wall behind the counter.
    Copper Custom had a good selection still

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I'm heading over to Glen Park Ikes tomorrow morning for some antiviral recoil therapy. For anyone who needs a fix, or just needs to unplug from the world for a bit, I can meet you at the Family Express just east of 65 on 61st tomorrow at around 7. No need to be a member, guests are allowed. All you need is 10 bucks and your shooting gear. Targets are provided. Proper social distancing will be maintained !!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What time you going. I'm probably gonna head there around 10am. I'm hoping it's not real busy, but have a feeling it may be since trap is shut down

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Interesting choice, the 22 Short. I wonder if they're starting to look at those 'cute' backyard squirrels as a potential food source, when the **** really hits the fan? I have been told that a Browning SA22 in short only, with a glossy Leupold VX2 3-9 AO scope, makes a great neighborhood squirrel sniping rig, when said squirrels are chomping on your wood deck. Very quiet too ... or so I was told.

Their gun choices are dictated by the fact that they inherited the guns. But never got ammo. Never had the guns checked out. Never practiced. So...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Been low on shorts for a while (for me). No 30-30. What flavor of 12ga? I can spare some 00buck, but that souns a little too much for them. Think my stock is 2 3/4".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Been low on shorts for a while (for me). No 30-30. What flavor of 12ga? I can spare some 00buck, but that souns a little too much for them. Think my stock is 2 3/4".

I don't even know how old these guns are, my wife is guessing 40-50 years old each. And they don't know how to use them. They want some 12ga and I have some extra that they will get. But I'd be hesitant to see them with anything more powerful than a quail/rabbit load given their lack of training.

Light birdshot won't penetrate too many layers of drywall. 00 Buck will go through several layers of wallboard and I'm not comfortable with them even having guns without some training, that said, there are a lot of new gun owners who have zero training too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom