• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The handgun ammo section at the Hammond Cabelas an hour ago.....
    View attachment 85116

View attachment 85117

A guy there said they got an ammo shipment in yesterday and it was all bought up in less than an hour!!

I was there Monday at 9am...but not for ammo....but I bought .22 LR and 30-30 anyways just cause it was regular price and there and I never have enough. There was no 9mm then.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Worked my last day for a while yesterday. I need to do some grocery shopping and I hear things are very crowded in Lowell and CP. I hate crowds in general and hate them more under the current circumstances. Thinking about going grocery shopping in the middle of the night at Meijers on Rt 30 if I have to. Have you guys found any times of the day when the crowds are low like in only a couple of people in line? How are the lines at Menards?

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Mrs T and I went to Stracks in St John at around 7 this morning. They were nearly completely restocked with some sections showing no evidence of the current situation. Stockers were in every section doing their thing and staff and shoppers seemed pretty pleasant for the most part. Exceptions were the TP and paper towel sections and some of the freezer sections like pizzas and veggies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We're all set at Chez Snap. Good for at least a month, probably two or three if we don't lose our damn minds first. I do wish that ammo I ordered would come, though.

I've got a loaf of bread in the oven and a pot of split pea and ham soup on the stove as we speak. Look at me all domestic-like.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Worked my last day for a while yesterday. I need to do some grocery shopping and I hear things are very crowded in Lowell and CP. I hate crowds in general and hate them more under the current circumstances. Thinking about going grocery shopping in the middle of the night at Meijers on Rt 30 if I have to. Have you guys found any times of the day when the crowds are low like in only a couple of people in line? How are the lines at Menards?

Do it now, because tomorrow Meijer will close at 10pm and open at 8am until further notice.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I was there Monday at 9am...but not for ammo....but I bought .22 LR and 30-30 anyways just cause it was regular price and there and I never have enough. There was no 9mm then.

Did you look at the rifles in the glass cases? Last week they had a 1950's Marlin Model 336 30-30 (the non-drilled waffle top receiver), that looked close to new. The carbine version, with a Williams peep sight. $589 seemed a litlle high, but I sure was tempted. I'm still tempted, but I'll bet it's gone already, it was that nice.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Did you look at the rifles in the glass cases? Last week they had a 1950's Marlin Model 336 30-30 (the non-drilled waffle top receiver), that looked close to new. The carbine version, with a Williams peep sight. $589 seemed a litlle high, but I sure was tempted. I'm still tempted, but I'll bet it's gone already, it was that nice.

They will only negotiate if the price is over $400, so....

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We're all set at Chez Snap. Good for at least a month, probably two or three if we don't lose our damn minds first. I do wish that ammo I ordered would come, though.

I've got a loaf of bread in the oven and a pot of split pea and ham soup on the stove as we speak. Look at me all domestic-like.
    Settling down in your young age.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I could spot you a couple boxes of something.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I could spot you a couple boxes of something.
    I appreciate it, but I'm good. I probably have way more than I need, but I figured a few more hundred rounds of SD .38 spl and .45 Colt couldn't hurt. But if it doesn't come, I bet .45 Colt target ammo still stings a bit. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom