jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yes n no
    some of the exhibits do need some touchups and facelift.
    they do have new stuff at an added cost like the fighter sims, toy factory that are modern and cool.

the fab lab is worth it as a good intro to 3d printing for anyone but its hard to get into as its very busy.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just back from Winamac. Great day out there. Tested out the 2 new ar builds. Ran flawlessly. Sighted in the 10/22 for the Ingo shoot at 50 yards. Good to go

Stopped on way home and met mmpsteve and got flyers and posters. If anyone wants some to pass out, I've got plenty.
    Thanks again Steve

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Just back from Winamac. Great day out there. Tested out the 2 new ar builds. Ran flawlessly. Sighted in the 10/22 for the Ingo shoot at 50 yards. Good to go

Stopped on way home and met mmpsteve and got flyers and posters. If anyone wants some to pass out, I've got plenty.
    Thanks again Steve

My pleasure, Don. I'll print some more, if it's more convenient for people to come to Schererville.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Does anything actually work there these days. Last time I was there when my kids were young, anything that could be touched by the public was pretty much broken.

About 65% of the 'hands on' stuff that we messed with actually worked.

I was with Dasha, she is 17, so we were messing with the optics, refraction exhibits and didn't mess with the stuff the little kids played with. They had a new exhibit on "wearable" tech and 100% of that stuff seemed to work.

Its been a while since I was on the U-505 so that is the one thing that I wanted to visit. Skipped the coal mine. Saw one if the iMax type productions. Looked at space stuff. Bought a few pouches of space ice cream.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Both of my sons-in-law have stippled theirs and the look and feel better than a stock Glock "to me".

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Road trip to Louisville this morning for a delivery for work on Whiskey Row and the food smells from the local restaurants are something to behold.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Both of my sons-in-law have stippled theirs and the look and feel better than a stock Glock "to me".
    You wouldn't know what they used to practice on, would you? My friend was wanting to practice on something similar before actually working on the grip. Obviously a pretty good idea.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    You wouldn't know what they used to practice on, would you? My friend was wanting to practice on something similar before actually working on the grip. Obviously a pretty good idea.

I used to stipple old A2 grips that were never going to get used. Doing that showed me I should never stipple something more expensive than an A2 grip.:):

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    Just curious as to why no love for A2 grips, I recently bought my first AR, it has A2 grips, it seems OK to me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just curious as to why no love for A2 grips, I recently bought my first AR, it has A2 grips, it seems OK to me.

Because they don't cost extra! How can you be a high drag low speed tackycool operator without "upgrading" everything that works with things that cost double or triple but can claim vastly "superior" ergonomics but in practical terms do very little?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Here you go, Pete.

b6ac2370aaf71da7c8eac2e6efe465b3.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo...HfNQDhwQ9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1094&bih=510&dpr=1.25

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom