• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Hey ... as long as training opportunities for NWI are being brought up. There's Infinity Solutions (based in Kouts with local classes and Rochester), which is a bit closer than Avon. Some of the best martial instruction in NWI.

They have a Pistol 1 class coming up as well as Carbine 1 and Carbine 2. I highly recommend not just for the quality and content of the instruction but for the gateway it opens to more advanced training. You will also gain access to a community of talented and knowledgeable IS alumni.

I took the Pistol 1 class in November this past fall and I definitely recommend them! Byron is a good dude! Im hoping to take more classes asap!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wish they could spend some time here so we could get to know each other. I think it would help their business.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    you do realize that "this thread" is the pits so to speak for nwi.
    we cover so much and at times post nonsense that most folks with limited time or on a mission (info on a gun, info on reloading, info on classes) would just get lost in the noise of this channel.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    we cover so much and at times post nonsense that most folks with limited time or on a mission (info on a gun, info on reloading, info on classes) would just get lost in the noise of this channel.
    So true. Look at your posts. :p

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was a last minute thing and my first event as well. I only brought a couple. If I'd have known, I'd have brought more than three pistols. Also by last minute I think it was Thursday or Friday they put it out. I'll talk with the lady and see if we will be doing it again. I know everyone enjoyed it

Tell them you have a family that has a "few" guns, and have been known to teach beginners.
    Maybe even mention the upcoming summer shoot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I took the Pistol 1 class in November this past fall and I definitely recommend them! Byron is a good dude! Im hoping to take more classes asap!

I haven't been to a class by that company.
    But I have had a class by Byron.
    Based on that, I'd take a class.
    If I could just starting working normal hours.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Bohemian Rhapsody was great. Watched it with a bunch of 80-year-olds who didn't know who Queen was; they just go to every movie at the library.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What ya got?

Wed I'm getting 3 full boxes so 75 shells. 1 box of alcan 1oz 6 shot, 1 box federal game load 1oz 6 shot, and 1 box western aa handicap trap 1 1/8oz 8 shot. I assume they are all 2 3/4. I'm also getting some brass cased 7.62x39 but I'm keeping that and some other misc stuff I haven't seen yet.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Tell them you have a family that has a "few" guns, and have been known to teach beginners.
    Maybe even mention the upcoming summer shoot.
    Pretty sure they figured it out when I lent out the pistols and helped out the PB instructor. There were a couple really knew what they were doing so I spent time on a couple others. There was only a dozen including me.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

I was there! I wish I could put a face to the name.

This ^^^ (I must be sick ... I wholeheartedly agree with Jedi) This isn't an awful thread, it's just not a thread where Byron can invest time growing his business. He has to pick and choose.

Byron posts mainly in the Tactics and Training sub from what I have seen but I do know he is a fairly busy guy

Look for his posts under the user name Turnandshoot4. He is pretty busy with his family, full time job, teaching for Infinity Solutions, developing the course work, traveling to attend classes, testing and refining the course material (I bet he shoots/trains/studies a minimum of 4+ hours for every hour of class presentation). He has a Youtube channel as well (not too much public content at the moment).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was there! I wish I could put a face to the name.

This ^^^ (I must be sick ... I wholeheartedly agree with Jedi) This isn't an awful thread, it's just not a thread where Byron can invest time growing his business. He has to pick and choose.

Look for his posts under the user name Turnandshoot4. He is pretty busy with his family, full time job, teaching for Infinity Solutions, developing the course work, traveling to attend classes, testing and refining the course material (I bet he shoots/trains/studies a minimum of 4+ hours for every hour of class presentation). He has a Youtube channel as well (not too much public content at the moment).

and you forgot to mention that you and him are da original bromance for nwi. :rofl:

2 peas in a pod u 2 r.

nite all, off 2 chiraqi jedi goes in a few hrs.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Spent the weekend going out to Grand Island,NE and back in two days to switch out vehicles with 1300 miles under my belt. Up to Chiraq today for a delivery in Jedi's second hometown. Have to say Nebraska has it right with the highway speed limit at 75 mph.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom